Jeep Commander Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Alright, it has been quite sometime. I have been to 2 dealerships and a local shop. Neither can figure out the issue. The brake switch has now been replaced twice, the brake switch cable has been replaced also, and the fuse box has been inspected, but the problem still persists. I have also checked the battery, alternator and the connections between them are all solid. Now I think it has something to do with the ECM. I honestly think the previous owner took this Jeep water fording and decided not to tell me. Because I can see water marks on the air intake manifold if i look closely. The computer might have been affected by that and corrosion. I ordered one and its on its way here. if that doesn't fix the issue I am going to inspect every piece of the wiring harness for shorts. Other than that I will be officially out of options after that.

·
Registered
2006 4.7L Sport, QT-II 4WD
244 Posts
I just had a similar issue start with my Commander. The ABS, Traction Control, ESP/BAS and Service 4WD lights were on for the past couple of weeks. I would also have my anti-lock breaks occasionally kick in during normal breaking. I would agree with @jeep5253 that you also have a bad speed / ABS sensor. I followed this video and replaced both of the front wheel speed / ABS sensors this weekend. It was a fairly simple job and the lights have been off since Saturday. Also did my front breaks during that process since I had everything taken apart anyways.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Alright, so I got the computer yesterday, installed it, and the error was gone. However, now I have another issue and I think the new computer has a problem. It's telling me that all the O2 sensors are reporting too high of a temperature, so it's giving me a check engine light, with p0058,32,38,52 codes. I never had these before with my old computer, so I am pretty sure this computer is shot as well. So, for all of you, never buy a computer from Car & Truck Engine Computers for Sale | Car Computer Exchange . You will be literally exchanging your bad computer for another bad one - what a bunch of losers. Wel... I am happy that I found the root of the problem, but I am now unhappy that I am going to have to go through the hassle of getting one that works from these idiots. I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Can't they reflash those PCM's? Might be worth it unless the company you got yours from advertises they already did.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello, are you getting a "trans over temp" warning? I am getting the esp bas light also. As well as the service 4wd warning. I took it to the dealership and they said I needed a new PCM as it was an internal failure in the PCM. After getting a NEW PCM for $300 from flagship1 it didn't fix the problem. I know this isn't a solution to your problem, but If you take it to the dealership and they say to get a new PCM save yourself the money and don't buy it unless you are absolutely sure that is the problem. (Edit: I see now you already tried getting a new PCM)
Are you getting error codes p0700, p0882, or p1603? Similar to you, After replacing my PCM I was getting some different codes then with my old one. Strange thing is every time I scan I get a list of slightly different codes such as p0700. p0882, (and p08 46, 71,76) And p1603. Is this happening to you as well? If I find a solution I'll let you know!

·
Administrator
2006 Limited 5.7 HEMI Quadra-Drive II
16,218 Posts
Hello, are you getting a "trans over temp" warning? I am getting the esp bas light also. As well as the service 4wd warning. I took it to the dealership and they said I needed a new PCM as it was an internal failure in the PCM. After getting a NEW PCM for $300 from flagship1 it didn't fix the problem. I know this isn't a solution to your problem, but If you take it to the dealership and they say to get a new PCM save yourself the money and don't buy it unless you are absolutely sure that is the problem. (Edit: I see now you already tried getting a new PCM)
Are you getting error codes p0700, p0882, or p1603? Similar to you, After replacing my PCM I was getting some different codes then with my old one. Strange thing is every time I scan I get a list of slightly different codes such as p0700. p0882, (and p08 46, 71,76) And p1603. Is this happening to you as well? If I find a solution I'll let you know!
@PeteCool Please make an introductory post in the New Member Section. Thanks.

Reactions: PeteCool

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Hello all, don’t want to resurrect and old thread, but after a year of trying to figure this thing out I finally fixed it. It was a bad ECM. At least I have now a new brake switch, brand new o2 sensors, speed sensors, and now new hubs. Lol but the important thing is that now the commander is working great.

just thought to share this with the group.
Thank you all!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts