Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my first negative experience with my 06 Commander (4.7/QTII) over the weekend. While driving around town at approx. 30 miles per hour the stability control and anti-lock brakes started to over-react preventing normal driving and acceleration. The system activated for about 10 seconds. The engine did not turn off. Fortunately, it stopped and hasn't happened since. My dash is not showing any error lights.

Anyone else experience a similar problem and if so, did your dealer fix it?

Thanks for your feedback.

·
Registered
717 Posts
micommander said:
I had my first negative experience with my 06 Commander (4.7/QTII) over the weekend. While driving around town at approx. 30 miles per hour the stability control and anti-lock brakes started to over-react preventing normal driving and acceleration. The system activated for about 10 seconds. The engine did not turn off. Fortunately, it stopped and hasn't happened since. My dash is not showing any error lights.

Anyone else experience a similar problem and if so, did your dealer fix it?

Thanks for your feedback.
There was a TSB regarding premature ESP engagement for the 3.7. I'm not sure if it affected any of the other engines

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was not taking a sharp or tight turn at the time. It was definately a problem. I could not accelerate for a least 10 seconds. I am taking it in on Tuesday to have it inspected and to have them repair the latest module recall posted on 10/24.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Yeah, I'd definitely take it in. The reason I had asked, is that many people seem to have the roll mitigation kick in right after they get the jeep and think that it's cutting off in corners in the like, and the reality is they're driving it through corners like they did their old Corvettes, causing ESP to kick in as it is supposed to.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts