Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am extremely interested in ARB producing some products for our Commanders! In that light, I emailed their USA Tech Superrvisor and asked specifically about a bumper/winch bull bar. Here is his response:

Derek, Currently we don't have plans for a Commander bar, but that could changeif we get sufficient response (we really haven't had many requests).Please have the others you know email and request it, this lets our product planners see the potential and will work towards pushing a bar into production.

Best Regards,
Marc BowersTech Supervisor
Air Locker, Inc.
425-264-1391
720 SW 34th St.Renton, WA 98057
[email protected]

Everyone please email if you'd be interested!!! Check out their site if your unfamiliar with them:

http://www.arbusa.com/

Please email Marc and express your interest:

[email protected]

Maybe we can get this done!!!

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
UberCommander said:
I have talked with ARB and AEV today to find out what is going on. Buddy at ARB told me that they are not going to make a anything for the XK. I asked him why and he said that they fill there is not a market their and that they heard a the rumors that the XK might be dropped. I pointed out to him that the XK was not on the drop list and that I know a lot of people wanting a bumper with winch. He told me if I could get 250 people that are willing to pay deposit of $400, then he would see if the company would produce the bumper. He does not mean you have to give the money up now, but he needs a list of people that would throw down $400dp to show comment of buying it. He said the full cost of the bumper is unknown, but could in the range $800-1500.

I also talked with AEV and they told me they might revisit the bumpers for the XK after they finish the JK stuff. They said this was not a sure thing and could not commit to any dates.

One thing I do need to know is how many of us "WILL" buy these bumpers/winch mounts and not just say we will. Can we get a poll posted to find out this?
I have tried to get people to speak up and nothing.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
UberCommander said:
I also talked with AEV and they told me they might revisit the bumpers for the XK after they finish the JK stuff. They said this was not a sure thing and could not commit to any dates.
Don't count it on AEV. AEV is super swamped with the JK stuff -- a super popular bumper, plus custom builds for customers -- plus their wheels, rebuilding the Nth Mobility line, etc. They have the best intentions but just can't keep up with demand. About the time they get caught up with all of the above, Chrysler will be handing them the specs to the WK/XK replacement(s).

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
I did my part....

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
I contacted them about 2 weeks ago. If you are interested in ARB products, please send them an e-mail.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
I sent an e-mail.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I informed ARB about our site and told them that I have directed inquires their way and here is Marc's response:

Derek,
thanks for the info, I've passed it along and did look at the site. Please keep the emails coming. I personally am a fan of the XK and would like to see it supported. I don't mind being the point man for receiving the inquires. I can't promise we'll build a bar for the truck, but I will make sure that the right people know of the need.

Best Regards,

Marc Bowers

I hope that the member's of this site can really step it up and put some pressure on some of these companies to help us out. We can sit here and continue to talk about "did you see this?" or "did you see that?" or we can do something about it. A simple email "Hey I am interested!" is all that is needed. I noticed a lot of views on this thread and hardly any replies. I hope that the other's are emailing as well!?!?!?!?!?!

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
I just sent my email.

·
Registered
190 Posts
e-mailed Marc.

I tried just "e-mailed", but the message was too short :(

·
Registered
577 Posts
I have sent my email to Marc, and I am posting it here as well. Please feel free to copy and paste it into your own email to him, if it will make it easier to have your voice heard. Let's start harassing AEV, as well ! ! They need to get that winch mount and rear tire carrier available already !
-Hemi
Here is my letter:

Hi Marc,
I am the VERY PROUD owner of a 2006 XK Limited, Hemi
4x4.

I am emailing you to express the need of the
aftermarket to produce products to support this
vehicle. I have modded my XK to the limits of what is
currently available - This has really improved the
trailability of this unique rig, but it needs more to
be safely used for serious offroading.

My wish list includes: front and rear bumpers with
recovery points, a front winch (very important)and
some type of rear tire carrier for oversized rubber
and a hi-lift jack. Snorkel air intake, auxillary fuel
tank, 4:10 ring and pinion would be great, too. I
would be a guaranteed buyer of all these items. and,
of course, any other wizardy you may dream up.

Your reputation for excellence and the total
unavailability of these type of items would surely
drive XK enthusiasts exclusively to you to purchase
these items if they were made available. I would also
like to speculate that as the XK ages and used
examples are available at a lower cost, the number of
owners demanding modifications to handle more severe
off road duty will increase.

Please take my comments into consideration and please
check out jeepcommander.com , where there are MANY
owners who would love to see you produce parts for our
beloved vehicles.

Sincerely,

·
Registered
324 Posts
Made my request:)

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
I just sent an e-mail to Marc.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Email has been sent.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Great idea HEMI with the cut and paste! If someone wants to take the lead on contacting AEV and putting together a "cookie cutter" email, we should get a thread started for that as well! Let's keep harrassing them and thanks again for the support!

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Anybody else contact ARB? Looks like not too many people are interested.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts