Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious which air intake has the best gains and what do people think about the Magnaflow vs. the Borla exhaust systems?

I heard both and have seen both on this forum. I like the sound of Magnaflow but I have had a Borla system on my Vette in the past.

I called my dealer today and Borla. They both said that Borla makes the Mopar Performance cat back system.

So does anyone have the Mopar Exhaust system and how do they like it?

Also, who likes their Magnaflow?

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
After seeing one Commander sucking in water with an aftermarket air intake, the only air intake mod I'd go with for, would be a snorkel.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Everyone has an opinion on which is BEST, I suggest to read the threads on the different types and then make an educated selection.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Everyone has an opinion on which is BEST, I suggest to read the threads on the different types and then make an educated selection.

I agree everyone does have an opinion on what is the best (usually what they have installed). haha.

I read a bunch of the posts on this forum but I didn't see any posts regarding the Borla exhaust (except for a poll which more people voted for the Magnaflow). Just curious to what people think about the Borla system or the Mopar system?

I'm leaning towards the Borla / Mopar Exhaust or the Magnaflow.

Thanks, for the replies above about the intakes and snorkel.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Wha?

After seeing one Commander sucking in water with an aftermarket air intake, the only air intake mod I'd go with for, would be a snorkel.
Q: So, what did it take for that to happen, BTW? (I've got an aFe kit on mine... looks like you'd have to submerge the box for water to get in.)

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Q: So, what did it take for that to happen, BTW? (I've got an aFe kit on mine... looks like you'd have to submerge the box for water to get in.)
There's a few in archives here ... apparently it's not as hard as it seems ... one got hydrolocked just driving on the street :(

·
Registered
148 Posts
I Can't see how you have got HL'd just driving down the street. I have driven through creeks and flooded areas shooting water over my roof and have never had a problem. I have the K&N 77 Series CAI. I am buying the dry charger bag for it.....Just in case.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts