Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The JC is my first truck with a awesome V8. You can not really see the exhaust and I love the sound. Does anyone recommend putting on a stain-less chrome tip on the end? I dont want it to look ghetto, but I want people to know its not a V-6.

·
Registered
184 Posts
RedRock said:
The JC is my first truck with a awesome V8. You can not really see the exhaust and I love the sound. Does anyone recommend putting on a stain-less chrome tip on the end? I dont want it to look ghetto, but I want people to know its not a V-6.
Your not going to hurt anything except your rear end ground clearance (departure angle). If you plan on doing any serious off-roading, you could always unbolt the tip.

I personally like the exhaust being tucked away nicely under the bumper. That is one of the main things stopping me from getting a Magnaflow exhaust right now. I just hate loosing the clearance from the muffler tip sticking out 5 to 6 inches.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
good point. I go off road but nothing severe.

·
Registered
184 Posts
One other thing that I just thought about...

The exhaust tips on the OEM system are bent downward at the end. I don't know of any tips that would fit over that kind of pipe (because it is curved). So you would probably have to cut back the OEM tip to get the extension to fit.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
good point. I think I will keep it status quo!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts