Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ugh! I thought this was going to be an easy job. This is the newest Jeep I have ever worked on so there won't be any rust. Not in Wisconsin!! These puppies are really bad. You can barely get the socket over them. ANy suggestions. What is the best penitraing oil. Do I have to worry about the oil getting hot by letting it sit on there for a couple of days.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
zim said:
Ugh! I thought this was going to be an easy job. This is the newest Jeep I have ever worked on so there won't be any rust. Not in Wisconsin!! These puppies are really bad. You can barely get the socket over them. ANy suggestions. What is the best penitraing oil. Do I have to worry about the oil getting hot by letting it sit on there for a couple of days.
Have you tried WD40 ?

·
Registered
564 Posts
WD40 is good, but for something like that I would use liquid wrench, just let it soak for a while... Also, can you use any heat to try to burn and remove some of the rust?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cut one off

I ended up cutting one off after I rounded the bolt. PB blaster worked much better then WD-40. The Magnaflow is now in and sounds perfect. no drone and it is really quiet cruising, but nice when you get into it.:D

·
Registered
488 Posts
zim said:
I ended up cutting one off after I rounded the bolt. PB blaster worked much better then WD-40. The Magnaflow is now in and sounds perfect. no drone and it is really quiet cruising, but nice when you get into it.:D

would it be mellow :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts