Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Being that there seems to be a lack of exhaust options for us, I keep considering just replacing the muffler with a Magnaflow or something. A buddy of mine has it on his WK, and man does that thing sound mean. :)

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
I think HueyPilotVN has the magnaflo on his 4.7, there is a sound bite on the racing thread somewhere

·
Registered
735 Posts
romeo has an exhaust on his 4.7L and it sounds mean. i think it is a gibson.

to bad he is not her to let us know.

R.I.P romeo

·
Registered
735 Posts
Signature
4.7L, QT-II, Old Man Emu 2" Lift, 1.5" wheel spacer (spidertrax), rear grab handles, front tow hooks, cross bars, no 3rd row seat, Alpine - Type-S 6" x 9" 3-Way 260w peak power (85w RMS), Alpine - 6-1/2" 2-Way 300 watts peak power (100 watts RMS) , Pioneer AVIC Z2 with CD-DVD-MP3 player, Bluetooth, backup camera, GPS, iPod controller, K&N intake, Gibson Cat Back, Cobra 29 night watch CB radio, with Wilson 5000 Antenna. More to come...

i was correct gibson

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had a muffler shop install a dynomax muffler on my 4.7. cost me $180 and sounds pretty good when the hammers down but it really hurt my mileage, and not just because of my heavy foot. even on the highway with the cruise on i lost 2-3 mpg.

·
Registered
735 Posts
he just no longer signs on nothing happened to him. hahahahaha or let me correct my self no longer answers or makes threads.

·
2,248 Posts
I had my muffler and exhaust tip installed at a muffler shop just outside of Chicago right after I bought it new. It did not cost much as the muffler is located right at the end of the exhaust system. As I recall it was under $100 installed. I do like the sound of it, might be a little loud for some but both Lee and I like the rumble of it. I get lots of looks and some comments asking if it is a Hemi. I am not sure if it and the CAI made much difference in performance but it sure sounds nice. I try not to get into trouble on the road anyway and save my racing for the track with the mustang.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Just FYI, I was looking at the BMRB exhaust web site and they show the same exhaust for 4.7L & 5.7L. The hemi exhaust should work for either system from any company by my thinking. I am planning on changing if Jan or Feb & I am just going to get a Hemi exhaust.

·
Registered
176 Posts
vrrrroooooom

I have the Magnaflow Wide Open Universal muffler #12259. It sounds mean! Also it isn't loud on the freeway which I like. Mine came with a free chrome tip and the whole setup including install was $110. My cousin has the flowmaster 50 SUV on his Hemi Cherokee and the K&N CAI which sounds the same. No need to shell out more money for the same crap. I only have the K&N filter in the stock box.

Attachments

·
Registered
266 Posts
Dynomax

I found Dynomax also makes a nice looking system for the 4.7L, part# 19421. I haven't been able to find a distributor in BC yet but you should be able in the US

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have the Magnaflow Wide Open Universal muffler #12259. It sounds mean! Also it isn't loud on the freeway which I like. Mine came with a free chrome tip and the whole setup including install was $110. My cousin has the flowmaster 50 SUV on his Hemi Cherokee and the K&N CAI which sounds the same. No need to shell out more money for the same crap. I only have the K&N filter in the stock box.
I was thinking of a K&N CAI, but you think just simply replacing the OEM filter with K&N is just as good performance wise?

·
Registered
224 Posts
I had the local muffler shop replace the stock muffler with a Thrush performance muffler, after fitting several other on, this had just a nice rumble with a good deep tone. Levels out nicely on the highway and no droning.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts