Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the exhaust actually different from the hemi to the 4.7? I work part time at Oreilly AutoParts and was looking to get aftermarket exhaust. I was looking through our factory replacement parts and the exhaust for the two had the same part numbers. Any ideas.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
If you work in auto parts you should know that exhaust would be different for two different sized motors!

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Its highly possible that certain parts or a exhaust system can be the same. It really depends on the headers and fittings from that point on.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I know the tubing looks different as it is wrapped under the xk but as far as the muffler itself im not sure...thats something i am interested in finding out as well

·
Registered
444 Posts
The muffler would be the same, but the piping would be different all the way from the headers back. I also think that the XK Hemi has a resonator close to the exhaust tip, which in the 4.7L there is not one. For cost of manufacturing, I imagine a lot of parts would be the same.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ill try and scan a copy of the walker exhaust page. It says the replacement system is the same and utilizes all the same hangers.

·
Registered
50 Posts
The size of the engine has very little to do with the exhaust system from the Y-pipe back. From there on it really needs to fit within the constraints of the vehicle. Aside from tubing diameter, muffler design, and resonator or not, the pipes should really pretty much follow the same path. I wouldn't doubt at all the replacement parts would be the same, even if the original parts are different. Some type of interchangeability would seem to me to be likely.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts