Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any people out there that have the 4.7 get an exhaust system yet? I know quit a few of you Hemi's have. I'm just trying to find one for mine. A lot seem to just sell the ones for the Hemi.

·
Registered
240 Posts
bravo2376 said:
Any people out there that have the 4.7 get an exhaust system yet? I know quit a few of you Hemi's have. I'm just trying to find one for mine. A lot seem to just sell the ones for the Hemi.
I don't have it on yet but I have a magnaflow muffler ready to put on mine (4.7L). Muffler only though, not a full exhaust switch out like some of these guys have done.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeh, I just found a site that sells the Gibson for the 4.7 for about 300 bucks. But now they have the alluminum steel or the stainless steel. Any know what the difference is, other than what I just said?

·
Registered
264 Posts
:eek: Ewwwwww, ever wake up with egg on your face? I just got off the phone with my muffler guy who was apologizing on and on about the muffler install....... he meant to write "Flowmaster" on my ticket vice "Magnaflow". He offered incentives for his mistake though. I will change that on my posts.

So, I called Flowmaster and they said I should expect a 3% increase in horsepower. However, the combination of the K&N 63 FIPK and the Jet chip Stage 1 and the Flowmaster 50 Delta Flow would yield 30-40 horsepower. It would be 5-10 horsepower more with a Stage 2 chip.

·
Registered
527 Posts
setsail98 said:
I went Flowmaster..... $100.00 installed for the muffler only. Sounds awesome!
I'm guessing that you had them weld in a muffler and an extension pipe? How about being a pal and putting up the part numbers ?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Bulldog........ wish I could BUT any muff dealer will have that info. Since the original muff was sooooooooo long, they did add a piece. Here is a link for you to see how the "sound" is. Take notice of the graph. I am quite pleased with mine. However, if I romp it down, with all I have done to it........ sounds better than the GTO Judge I used to drive.

http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/mufflers.html

For $100......... WELL WORTH IT!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Is this Magnaflow system the right one (Part # 16632)? It's specifically for the Grand Cherokee 3.7 and 4.7, but I figured it would fit the Commander 4.7.

·
Registered
18 Posts
As per a couple of performance part sites, yes that is the correct PN for a MagnaFlow exhaust that fits a 2006 Commander with a 4.7L engine. Unfortunatly, MagnaFlows own site only lists an exhaust for a 5.7L Commander (Which is #16665).

·
Registered
12 Posts
personally i have always just choped off the muffler and welded on a glass pack reveresed. they are dirt cheap, and when revered not ver restritive, deplete over time so they will get louder. you just have to remember the shorter you go the louder it will be. i had 12" dual on my 5.9L Ram that ened after the cab, had a CAI also, my girlfriend coul dusually hear me half a mile away. so take head when i put exhaust on my commander im going with a much longer Glass pack

·
Registered
184 Posts
I just installed a MagnaFlow cat back system on Sunday. Yesterday was my first full day of driving with it...

What a beautiful sound that hemi makes. :D

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
I just ordered the Gibson aluminized steel cat-back system for my 4.7, should have it next week for install.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
RedCommander said:
OHHHH, so the soundclips will be up next week then? Before and after.
Sure, I might be able to do that. It'll be nice to have the extra power up in the mountains for passing & climbing.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
I've been on summitracing.com every day for the last 2 weeks ready to click the go button on the gibson exhaust. I want different exhaust, but I also don't want to start modding the Jeep like my last car. I'm so confused...

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
RedCommander said:
I've been on summitracing.com every day for the last 2 weeks ready to click the go button on the gibson exhaust. I want different exhaust, but I also don't want to start modding the Jeep like my last car. I'm so confused...

Do it, do it, you know you want to! All the cool kids are doing it!

Peer pressure rocks!

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Purchased my Gibson from AutoAnything.com for $407.66 to the door.

And they currently have a $25.00 off coupon

Enter code EAP07017 at checkout

1 - 20 of 35 Posts