Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant decide between getting the Magnaflo cat back or the Airaid CAI. They both are around $300 (my budget now). Pretty sure I will eventually get both but what would you guys get first and why? Thanks D,

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NO. I would install. Both of them would have to be installed.

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
378 Posts
I think it does just bolt on. In that case I couldn't really make a recommendation. I'd imagine if it were me I'd buy the exhaust.

·
2,248 Posts
I can not respond about the cat back system. I can however tell you that you can get a Flowmaster muffler installed with a turndown tip for about half that amount. I went to an exhaust shop about a week after I bought my Commander and had it installed. The muffler was about $100 dollars and the install was very easy as the muffler is located at the back of the vehicle. Mine sounds good and works for me.

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah. I was leaning that way. It looks like a good sale. The Airaid looks to be that price all the time. I just don't know if there was any benefit to do one before the other.

·
Super Moderator
14,912 Posts
The cat back is just a bolt on?
Yes, the Magnaflow cat-back is just bolt on. I did mine myself so anyone should be able to do it.

·
Super Moderator
14,912 Posts
I cant decide between getting the Magnaflo cat back or the Airaid CAI. They both are around $300 (my budget now). Pretty sure I will eventually get both but what would you guys get first and why? Thanks D,
Get the exhaust -- what good is more air in without more air out ?

·
Premium Member
12,579 Posts
Get the exhaust -- what good is more air in without more air out ?
I agree with Jeep5253, you can add the CAI later but the CAI will perform best if the air has someplace to go (i.e. larger exhaust).

·
Registered
57 Posts
I would recommend getting your exhaust done first. I found that it had the most noticable performance gain over my intake. Plus it makes your commander sound tough. I had my local tire and muffler shop install a flowmaster delta 50 series for $220 out the door. good luck with your decision! -Firehawk45cal

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You guys convinced me to get the exhaust. I just ordered the Magnaflow cat-back from Autopartswarehouse for $273.36 and free shipping! Not a bad deal! Lots of good advice you guys are great! Thanks, Dennis

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'm sure you'll like it. :cool:

I loved the Magnaflow on my old Hemi powered Ram. It's a quality product with a good, deep rumble that only gets loud when you step on it. If I ever decide to get a catback for my Commander I'm 99% certain it will be a Magnaflow.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Crazy good deal, just ordered one myself and it is still over 50.00 cheaper than the closest aluminized steel system.

Funny thing is that the 5.7 and 4.7 usee the same factory exhaust system, I found out after I bought a used 5.7 oem system and it was the same on my 4.7

1 - 15 of 15 Posts