Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
most aftermarket exhaust adds some added noise. I am running a dynomax muffler but it is really loud inside and out. I have heard the SUV50 muffler is a great muffler.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Is there really that much of a noticeable difference from a muffler only mod on the Commander? Normally a muffler mod is going to be for the benefit of sound. In order to gain noticeable performance out of an exhaust, it would need to be done in combination w/ high-flow (or no) cats and an intake w/ reduced restriction.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just read the post about the Magnaflow for 350 and some change and the add noted that it stays noise level wise legal in some states so it should be pretty quiet, I might order that one.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Speaking for myself, I own a Corvette with a high performance exhaust system. If I drove it all the time, the extra noise generated by the system would get old...fast. One of the things I like about my Commander is that it's very quiet. Think twice before making the switch. If you do, keep the old parts incase you want to switch back.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I saw the post about the $350 Magnaflow exhaust too and had to order one. I just finished installing it about 2 hours ago. It is much quieter than I had anticipated. Sounds pretty close to stock at idle and isn't what I would consider remotely loud even at full throttle. Has a nice growl just driving and at part throttle though. I like it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts