Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched the archives and could not find an answer to this...

I am considering buying a 2008 Jeep commander Overland. The only thing is the leg room in the second row. I don't anticipate using the 3rd row seating. I noticed that on the Commander Sport there is an option of a 3rd row delete that apperantly moves the second row back a few inches (?). I am not sure if the second row seats are different or if there is some bracket they use to move them back. Would it be possible to use that bracket (if one exists) to delete the 3rd row on an Overland and move the second row back a little?

·
Super Moderator
14,942 Posts
As far as I know it is not possible.

·
Registered
12 Posts
CO Dan; I'm trying to figure out how to remove the second row seats from my '08 Sport, and it appears that the entire row is held in by four bolts at the rear of the middle seat. As far as I can tell there would be no way to move the seats back. Mine was built w/o the third row of seats. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
176 Posts
taking out the front passenger seat will also provide you with more room.

·
Registered
444 Posts
If you need that much leg room, perhaps you should have bought the Jeep Commander Limo version, or a cargo van.

·
Registered
577 Posts
take the seat out and sit in it in your garage, lots of legroom.

I would like if there was some sort of bracket or something that would allow the 2nd row be moved back if the third row was out. The legroom is terrible.

Ross are you listening? (wink)

·
Super Moderator
14,942 Posts
take the seat out and sit in it in your garage, lots of legroom.
I would like if there was some sort of bracket or something that would allow the 2nd row be moved back if the third row was out. The legroom is terrible.
Ross are you listening? (wink)
There is no way to move the second row back because of the stepped interior to allow for the "stadium "seating. The second row seats are too tall and would not fit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hah! Plenty of legroom! I really have not gotten any complaints about legroom. Have not had anyone ride in the third row seats yet though.

Commander Limo in Australia:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hah! Plenty of legroom! I really have not gotten any complaints about legroom. Have not had anyone ride in the third row seats yet though.

Commander Limo in Australia:

I took out both rows and installed a flat bed. Now I don't have to use a tent!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts