Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so it's not an H2, but it's a start: My Commander is now officially a recovery vehicle.

Now, before the cutesie picture flame posts come out, THERE WILL BE NO pictures of the event. The only camera on scene was seized as a matter of national security. (Okay, it was the victim's camera, if he ever relaxes the pictures might appear).

I work for a major SoCal fire department. My buddy on the department drives a Ford F250 with lightbar, junk-in-the-back, etc. No water tank, but pretty full of stuff and with street tires. It used to be my truck until I escaped back into the field. He also runs a search dog. So yesterday, he and his search-dog buddies decided to let their dogs relax in the local creek.

The local dry, sandy creek.

The local dry, sandy, posted "don't even think of driving here" creek.

Needless to say, he buried himself. Now, we have an established protocol for these situations:

1) Call the dispatch center (on the open radio, of course)
2) The dispatch center sends the on-duty Dozer to pull you out (again over the open radio so everysinglepersoninthecounty can hear it!
3) 3 hours and a ton of embarrassment later, you are free.

Since I lived just down the road, my buddy decided to circumvent the system and called me instead.

Needless to say, the Commander popped the F250 out without even noticing it. His rear was buried to the frame, but I was on solid sand.

No pictures, so don't bother posting. But a Commander can handle a heavy F250 without even breaking a sweat.

And boy oh boy, does my buddy owe me...!:rofl:

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Great story, thanks for sharing... Where's the pics? Just Kidding

·
Registered
208 Posts
Great story... Too bad no one had a video-capable mobile phone with them...

·
Registered
178 Posts
Oh man, I can feel the years worth of ribbing :stickpoke: already! That's going to be hard for your buddy to live down. Are you guys in the same firehouse?

Slainte'
O'C

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
No pic? It never happened!!!:rofl:

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Let me clarify...

There ARE pics. On my phone. They're just going to be saved for some very special occasion. Like for example his retirement.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
You do know that you can post pictures from a phone online right. So where are the pictures?

·
Registered
807 Posts
Yah, dont say the photos....lets have them.....im the only commander owner in a family where all my brother and dad drive ford pickups...i NEED To see the photos!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts