Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
Curious

Other than looking flush, What benefits would there be to paying $450.00 for this than say buy a Garmin NUVI with touch screen? Seriously interested in what it packs for a large price. Looks cool.

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
Give me a reason why this is far better than a Nuvi nd I might. I love the way it looks but could you please tell me the advantages to this unit over others?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know if this is better than the nuvi units. It was given to me, and i never used it. I need it gone though. Make me a reasonable offer. I know it retails for about 900.00 at the dealer. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
It interfaces with the CANBUS for speed readings and dead reckoning support. It also has an optional remote, touch screen, and uses SD cards for maps. It is Garmin based, but several years old compared to modern GPS units.

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
Ok guys, I have no idea what I'm in for as far as install. I'll do a good write up and will include my thoughts and findings. I got it for a fair price and hope to get some use out of it.

Goat

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
It's not hard. You need to pull the dash and radio, drill two holes in the dash, connect the harness to the radio harness, and reinstall everything. The instructions are very well written and include the dash templates.

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
I'm looking forward to it. I'll upgrade the maps via garmin. The price was fair for an outdated gps but I am looking forward to having and installing a new commander toy. It will be good to have for my chase crew when I fly the balloon.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts