Jeep Commander Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2008 commander, 49,305 mikes...4.7 305HP...... ALWAYS GARAGED leather, power everything, boston, sunroofs, 7 passenger, new brakes and rotors at 35,000 miles, always synthetic oil, chrome grill & mouldings, BF Goodrich tires have approx 10,000 miles. jeep needs nothing ... interior in near perfect condition, no rips no stains, no tears ....runs and drives like new............$ 12,000 OBO.....602-487-3182...located in Phoenix Arizona

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
what would you think is a more realistic price?
Hard to say....your profile says it's a Sport but it almost looks like a Limited to me from what I see - the only thing I see that's missing cosmetically, for it to be a Limited is the chrome accent on the side of the factory roof rails and it doesn't have the double din REC MyGIG Media Center 430 HDD with the factory navigation.

I'm not here to tell you what price you should sell it for, but, I can tell you that your asking price is well over the KBB value.

You can ask for whatever you feel it's worth, obviously that's a cherry XK, but, what someone would be willing to pay for an 11 year old SUV that's been out of production for 9 years is another matter.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
KBB is approx $11,812. in premium condition which this one is, i wouldn't say 12K is well over kbb value....it is a sport with the luxury package along with some other additional options. i've attached KBB price guide

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
KBB is approx $11,812. in premium condition which this one is, i wouldn't say 12K is well over kbb value....it is a sport with the luxury package along with some other additional options. i've attached KBB price guide
Assuming whatever criteria you used to generate that report is on point, Your report lists the value range from $9,867 - $11,812. It also lists a specific price for Private party value at $10,840. So, in my opinion $12,000 is well above that number.

Like I said, I'm not here to tell you how much to try & sell it for (maybe you're not a motivated seller) but ultimately, the market - which I know pretty well, will dictate what you get for it.

Lets see how many buyers offer you $12K.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
$10,840 is an average price....meaning some are priced under and some priced over ..my car is in exceptional condition....warranting a higher price.....i've looked and looked for a lower priced commander with very low miles and they are not out there!!.....at least as far i can tell. forgetting about the year of the vehicle, try and find a 4X4 or any comparable model or brand with 49K miles priced at $12K.....im just giving you my rational for the price.

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
$10,840 is an average price....meaning some are priced under and some priced over ..my car is in exceptional condition....warranting a higher price.....i've looked and looked for a lower priced commander with very low miles and they are not out there!!.....at least as far i can tell. forgetting about the year of the vehicle, try and find a 4X4 or any comparable model or brand with 49K miles priced at $12K.....im just giving you my rational for the price.
Kody; I'm not doubting that your XK is in exceptional condition - which I'm pretty sure I've said a few times now that it's looks to be in Cherry Condition - meaning exceptional and with very low mileage.

I understand your rational, I just believe that your asking price is not very realistic; Who knows, maybe someone will prove me wrong;

Best of luck with the sale.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
JUST SOLD IT 20 MINUTES AGO, I HAD 3 PEOPLE FIGHTING OVER IT.....SOLD FOR $12,500 (OVER ASKING PRICE)......i'm leaving posting up until tomorrow until i get cash in my hand

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
2008 commander, 49,305 mikes...4.7 305hp...... Always garaged leather, power everything, boston, sunroofs, 7 passenger, new brakes and rotors at 35,000 miles, always synthetic oil, chrome grill & mouldings, bf goodrich tires have approx 10,000 miles. Jeep needs nothing ... Interior in near perfect condition, no rips no stains, no tears ....runs and drives like new............$ 12,000 obo.....602-487-3182...located in phoenix arizona
sale pending.....sale pending

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
JUST SOLD IT 20 MINUTES AGO, I HAD 3 PEOPLE FIGHTING OVER IT.....SOLD FOR $12,500 (OVER ASKING PRICE)......i'm leaving posting up until tomorrow until i get cash in my hand
That's quite surprising; Congrats, I'm happy for you.

It's not the first time I've been wrong.

Let me know when you want me to close the thread and I'll take care of it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.