Jeep Commander Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2009 Overland. 133K miles, loaded with the 5.7 HEMI and QD2 system. Navigation touch screen, Boston sound system, Auto level HID headlights (really cool) and 18" 7-spoke factory wheels. After buying this car I had a noise in one head, collapsed lifter:frown2:. Had both heads rebuilt and a new timing chain as long as we were in there. Runs great. NO mechanical issues at all....NONE. New battery just a few months ago. No aftermarket modifications, a Virgin Overland waiting for your lift kit, monster mudders and diamond plate bumpers!

This is the MAC DADDY Commander you have been looking for!

No rear DVD so the kids will have to look out the window instead of watching Little Mermaid for the 400th time. :laugh2:

$15,000.00 (negotiable within reason)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Last chance before I put it on Autotrader. $11,500.00. That is what I need to pay the loan off so nothing less will do.
Great vehicle, great price. Get her now while still available!

·
Super Moderator
5,881 Posts
Last chance before I put it on Autotrader. $11,500.00. That is what I need to pay the loan off so nothing less will do.
Great vehicle, great price. Get her now while still available!
That's pretty high mileage for a 2009.

I think the mileage coupled with the major engine work will probably scare most people away.

A broader target audience might be your best bet.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks for the input.
Knowing that the engine has been repaired properly and a new timing chain would be a benefit but, I do see how many would think of this in a negative way. If it doesn't sell, I'll keep it. No big deal to me. I never go off road and really only drive it on the weekend to the store & back less than 1 mile away. A true "grocery getter" and so unnecessary. :)

·
Super Moderator
5,881 Posts
Thanks for the input.
Knowing that the engine has been repaired properly and a new timing chain would be a benefit but, I do see how many would think of this in a negative way. If it doesn't sell, I'll keep it. No big deal to me. I never go off road and really only drive it on the weekend to the store & back less than 1 mile away. A true "grocery getter" and so unnecessary. :)
I'll be honest with you, if I was in the market, I would buy it for that price.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, we'll see if it sells, great. I got my eye on a 1974 Cadillac Coupe DeVille with only 58000 miles, one owner, unrestored and garage kept. For only $2800. Might just buy the Caddy anyway.

·
Super Moderator
5,881 Posts
Well, we'll see if it sells, great. I got my eye on a 1974 Cadillac Coupe DeVille with only 58000 miles, one owner, unrestored and garage kept. For only $2800. Might just buy the Caddy anyway.
Sounds like a sweet deal.

Hope you pick it up.

·
Super Moderator
5,881 Posts
Any luck Otto?

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No. Probably just going to have to pay it down some more. I know the price is OK but not an outstanding deal. Hard to sell the Overland when there are Commanders of lesser stature going for 1/2 the price.

·
Super Moderator
5,881 Posts
No. Probably just going to have to pay it down some more. I know the price is OK but not an outstanding deal. Hard to sell the Overland when there are Commanders of lesser stature going for 1/2 the price.
Sorry to hear that.

I thought $11,500 was pretty reasonable from your description/pics.

Like I said earlier, it might just be the fact that you have fairly high mileage and had to have major engine work done to it that might be scaring people off, even though it was done properly and you have all the receipts.

133,000 miles on a 7 year old Commander is almost double what's considered normal mileage.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Overland sale

We paid 19,600 for a 2010 Limited with 78,000 and drove 2 hrs to look at it. I found it on the web by searching truecar.com and other sites that you can tell them a mileage range you want to look in, so maybe if you see what they want to advertise in their site as it may a larger range than the autotrader.

Swanny

·
Super Moderator
5,881 Posts
We paid 19,600 for a 2010 Limited with 78,000 and drove 2 hrs to look at it. I found it on the web by searching truecar.com and other sites that you can tell them a mileage range you want to look in, so maybe if you see what they want to advertise in their site as it may a larger range than the autotrader.

Swanny
That's not a bad idea Swanny.

I used a website called cargurus.com when I was looking for mine.

Just plugged in the information - make/model you were looking for, how far you were willing to travel and what your price range was and it was like the "KAYAK" of car websites, checking multiple dealership websites at once looking for vehicles that match your criteria.

It really made searching for a vehicle pretty easy compared to what I remember it being like looking for a car.

This was the website: https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/forsale-p2_a12062590?sourceContext=cargurus&type=GoogleAdWordsSearch&kw=%2Bcargurus&matchtype=b&ad=99438240780&placement=&type=GoogleAdWordsSearch&kw=%2Bcargurus&matchtype=b&ad=99438240780&placement=&networktype=g&device=c&devicemodel=&adposition=1t1&physloc=9003664&intloc=&aceid=4642516&cid=141954540&agid=7773125700&tgtid=kwd-38537544919&fid=&gclid=Cj0KEQjw9IS-BRC4qZXagbLs6uMBEiQAYHBh-xdJA22pdBPYA7ZwiZybuM7QP85Qju9NisFUeL4DwIUaAjQY8P8HAQ

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Someone called today. Asked if it was good on gas. I stifled a laugh then told him it has a 5.7 HEMI and is not intended to be good on gas. I am not a very good used car salesman.

·
Super Moderator
5,881 Posts
Someone called today. Asked if it was good on gas. I stifled a laugh then told him it has a 5.7 HEMI and is not intended to be good on gas. I am not a very good used car salesman.
If somebody called you and really asked if it was good on gas, I don't know if I would have been able to hold back the laugh Otto. :smile2:

·
Super Moderator
5,881 Posts
Our Hemi doesn't do that bad at 17-18 you have to remember it weights 6,500#'s

Swanny
Heck, if you are getting 17-18 mpg in stop and go/normal conditions, you are doing better than me my friend.

I'm more around 14-15 mpg in what I would call normal driving conditions which is one of the reasons I'm thinking about trying the superchips programmer.

I don't hit 18-19 unless I'm on the HWY for a while.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I get 12-13 mpg but hardly ever go on the highway. One trip to South bend and back, 200 miles each way, got me up to 15 mpg but that average has crept back down. Taking the wife for a test drive in the '74 Coupe DeVille today. May just buy it and get it over with. If the Commander doesn't sell it will be my "winter" car.

My boss says he knows someone that may be interested but, I need to get some better pictures. So off to the car wash this morning, vacuum it out, maybe get her sold next week.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.