Jeep Commander Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have the stock radio from my limited that is new. I only had it in the Commander for a few weeks until the nav unit was ordered and installed. I know they sell through the dealer for around $600.00 so if anyone is interested make me a fair offer. I think $15.00 for shipping would be reasonable as well.

Part Number - P05064172AE

Vehicle audio Electronics Technology Satellite radio Audio equipment

AM/FM stereo radio with in-dash 6-disc CD/MP3 player. Provides 66 watts of total power, 12 AM and 12 FM station presets, seek-and-scan features, and balance/fader speaker controls. 12 presets for satellite with station/songtitle info readout as well if you have sat service and tuner.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry I dont know of any Commander Radios for 2006 with that feature. Even the new nav unit did not come with it. I guess you would use the inputs on the rear DVD system in mine but you would think they would have put them on the radio or at least the dash huh?

·
Registered
556 Posts
Commander Ron said:
Sorry I dont know of any Commander Radios for 2006 with that feature. Even the new nav unit did not come with it. I guess you would use the inputs on the rear DVD system in mine but you would think they would have put them on the radio or at least the dash huh?
The AUX on the radio would be considered audio in wouldn't it? It's got to recognized the sound comming from the VES.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That seems to sound right to me. All I can say is this one was in my Commander with sat and the rear DVD system prior to the nav unit install. It also displayed all the sat. info on the screen. It is my understanding that some did not even do that much. You probably could use those inputs if you did not have have the rear seat dvd system. Sorry I am not too familiar with these things.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
RedCommander said:
Only the single CD radio has the aux input.
That makes sense since I have a 2006 with the single CD and it has the AUX in jack.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I apologize for jumping in here late, but is this radio still available? I have the single CD player (with the MP3 jack), but only listen to Sirius and want to know what songs I'm listening to. How much are you asking? Any one interested in buying the single CD player (with MP3 jack)?

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
FYI, you have to buy an aftermarket adapter to get AUX inputs. They plug into the 10 pin jack on the back of the radio and emulate either the OEM satellite or VES system.

·
Registered
87 Posts
RWMORRISONJR, I think that was directed at me. I do have the OEM Sirius, but with the single CD stereo the display shows me nothing more then Channel 1, 2 etc. No song title, group, station, etc. Its kind of frustrating because in my 02GC I have the Sirius plug in version (Starmate) and it has a ton of great features.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Durk, that's precisely why I'm running a Sirius Sportster and not a Mopar Sirius unit. I like the better display, more presets and remote on the Sportster, plus I didn't have to shell out $500 for the OEM radio & install. Spent $100 on the adapter on Ebay and it works great.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
OK how about $200.00 shipped in the US? I hate to see this thing Just sit in my garage in a box and go to waste but I hate to let it go for less than its worth as well. If anyone is interested drop me a PVT message.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.