Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Don't Have An Alarm On My Commander, But I Have The Autolock/security Thing That Comes With The Jeep. So I Lock It Like I Always Do. I Leave My Backpack In The Back Seats, Next Morning My Backpack Is Missing, My Security Thing Never Activates, But!!!!!! Who Ever Went In My Jeep, Didn't Take The Cds, Mp3player Which Is Valued At 200 Dollars, Ids, Checks, And Other Things Of Value, But Takes My Backpack With Extra Change. My Question Is Can You Still Break In Any Vehicle -commander- With The Factory Security Auto Lock? I Believe It Was A Teenager, Since Checks And Ids Were Not Taken...anybody Has Any Ideas Or Can Suggest Something? Other Then Getting An Alarm!!!! Thanks...even Though Price Of Gas Is Going Up...im Still With My Commander! Love Her All The Way!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I Don't Have An Alarm On My Commander, But I Have The Autolock/security Thing That Comes With The Jeep YOU KNOW THE HORN THING WHEN YOU LOCK IT. So I Lock It Like I Always Do. I Leave My Backpack In The Back Seats, Next Morning My Backpack Is Missing, My Security Thing Never Activates, But!!!!!! Who Ever Went In My Jeep, Didn't Take The Cds, Mp3player Which Is Valued At 200 Dollars, Ids, Checks, And Other Things Of Value, But Takes My Backpack With Extra Change. My Question Is Can You Still Break In Any Vehicle -commander- With The Factory Security Auto Lock? I Believe It Was A Teenager, Since Checks And Ids Were Not Taken...anybody Has Any Ideas Or Can Suggest Something? Other Then Getting An Alarm!!!! Thanks...even Though Price Of Gas Is Going Up...im Still With My Commander! Love Her All The Way!(BY THE WAY MY BACKPACK WAS FOUND IN THE ENTRY OF MY SUBDIVISION WITH ALL ITEMS SCATTERED OVER THE GRASS...AND THE 2 BILLS THAT I HAD IN THERE NOT EVEN OPEN???????) GOOD PATRON RETURNED MY BACKPACK

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
How did they get in ? Did they break a window or jimmy the door ?

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
probably used a lock tool to flip it open. Didnt find what they were looking for...probably thought it was a laptop!! The factory lock, only locks the door. nothing else unless it has a security alarm.

·
Registered
269 Posts
The Autolock/ Security it only locks the doors,tailgate and kills the engine. It will not sound if someone breaks the window and opens any of the doors. My best sugestions get a real alarm that will cover window breakage and doors. I had the same problem.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Did you lock it with the keyfob? And, how did they get in?

Reason I ask those questions is that on mine if you lock with the keyfob, and unlock manually, or with the key itself, the alarm goes off. Honks and honks until you unlock it with the keyfob.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Mine will sound if someone opens the door when the doors have been locked using the keyfob button. I have no "alarm" that I'm aware of. Magnum also did this, as did the Ridgeline, and so does the Impala...

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
The factory system will sound the horn if the door is opened but not if a window is broken.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
I have the alarm so I really do not know how the other systmes work, but I would assume that the door lock only feature would not have any alarm functions (horn sounding) or there would be no need to sell an alarm. Just because the horn sounds when you lock the doors does not the horn will sound when they are opened.

You can test this by rolling down a window, locking the doors with your remote and then reaching in and opening the door from the inside.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I've never tested this per se on my Commander, but on my 02 GC if you locked it with the fab, and then opened a door from inside or something the alarm/horn thing would go off. Drove me insane when my car got screwed over cause every time I'd try to start it, it would lock up, and honk until I disconnected the battery.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts