Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to know if anyone has installed the OEM fog lights for their JC. Called my dlrship and they said it'll be another $200 for the installation. I can probably install the fog lights but don't want to spend $200 if I can install it myself.

If anyone has instructions on installations I'd appreciate that. Also I've heard you have to have the DLR look at the fog light have them programmed to work. Why is that? Is it connected to the cars onboard electronics?

·
Registered
541 Posts
Make sure your dealer will be willing to enable them. I found no dealearship in my area that would do it for me. They said if I made a bad connection I could void my warranty... I ended up paying mucho $$$ for having them installed at the dealership.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Isn't it amazing how some dealers will really work with the vehicle owners and the starscan and others outright refuse to be helpful. I love the parts department where I purchased my Commander, always get my parts for the price I find online. But the service manager wants $75 to hook up starscan and makes no guarentee that he can do what I want (DRL & tilt down mirror), it fact he told me that the DRL will not work even after I told him how to do it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts