Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 4.7 QT2. Like I'm sure most of you have experienced, failure of the bulbs in the "Information Center", the HVAC controls, and the lower control panel.(heated seats, adjustable pedals, ect). The HVAC controller is readily available, Standard Part # HS369. However, both the upper and lower part numbers are discontinued and/or not available. My question is, I have seen the video's of people soldering in LED lights in these units. Is the factory lighting LED's or incandescent and what is the part number/description? Since I have a NIB HVAC controller waiting to go in, I would like to put in the correct factory bulbs so as to match.

Thanks in advance,

·
Administrator
15,619 Posts

·
Administrator
15,619 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
I am about to do just this. Waiting on soldering iron in mail. Ebay also sells new stickers for the controls since mine have worn so badly the light would just shine through the plastic.

For the bulbs, I got these tiny 3-15v self-resistant bulbs. They work on everything. I went with white. The factory bulbs have a blue tint cover over them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh sweet, you'll have to let me know how it goes. Do the blue tint covers come off, I'm trying to keep everything all the same. Or even if they sell those tiny bulbs in a green tint...Thanks for the link and keep me posted.

I am about to do just this. Waiting on soldering iron in mail. Ebay also sells new stickers for the controls since mine have worn so badly the light would just shine through the plastic.

For the bulbs, I got these tiny 3-15v self-resistant bulbs. They work on everything. I went with white. The factory bulbs have a blue tint cover over them.

·
Registered
33 Posts
No. The plastic cover is too brittle to reuse. If you look under those bulbs, get a light blue to match OEM or green or some other color. I just went with white to match my interior LEDs. Yellow or red would look cool as well

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ahh gotcha. I wonder if they sell the original incandescent lights for the perfect match, otherwise, I'll go with a green to match the rest of my dash lights and hvac.
No. The plastic cover is too brittle to reuse. If you look under those bulbs, get a light blue to match OEM or green or some other color. I just went with white to match my interior LEDs. Yellow or red would look cool as well

·
Registered
59 Posts
Some of us have done this before. There's a link somewhere I'll try and find it. I put the numbers to a local supplier who can ship. It cost me $16 to get bulbs and blue covers for both info Strips

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Excellent, yeah, if you find that link, that would help out a bunch.
Some of us have done this before. There's a link somewhere I'll try and find it. I put the numbers to a local supplier who can ship. It cost me $16 to get bulbs and blue covers for both info Strips

1 - 12 of 12 Posts