Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I'm new to the site with an 06 Commander. I have the base radio installed and I'd like to know if its possible to install the 06 Nav radio in my dash and what items are needed.

I did a brief search around the site but didn't find anything specific to answer my question.

Thanks

·
Registered
809 Posts
I believe you need the head unit, the navigation DVD, GPS antenna, and dash bezel (unless you are planning on cutting out your current one). A few people on here have successfully done it, and all the parts are available either through the dealership ($$$$) or e-bay ($$).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response. I have looked at the units selling on Ebay, but because there are so many, which model do I need for my 06?

·
2,248 Posts
Patrick,

Type the full word navigation in the search window above and to the right and you will get 4 pages of threads including a few for sale.

Also Welcome to the Forum

·
Registered
127 Posts
I did exactly what you are trying to do. I bought the REC/NAV radio on Ebay for under $500.00. I purchased the bezel from the dealership which also installed it for me. The bezel was $115.00 and labor was $85.00, total $200.00 plus tax. I have since updated the nav disk from Ebay for $35.00. Very happy with the unit. Good luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Antenna Locaiton for Nav system

Where does the anteena get installed. I bought the Nav, bezel, and antenna. Does it go on the roof or behind the nav system?

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Neither, it goes under the dash behind the radio. When you remove the radio and metal filler plate. you'll see the holes the antenna bolts to.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts