Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can it be installed after the fact. I have had my commander for two weeks now and it has the regular stereo in it. I asked the dealer when I picked it up if the factor nav could be installed and they said no. I want nav installed but I think I would like factory over aftermarket because I understand you loose your controls on the sterring wheel?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Yes you can....You can find them for decent prices on ebay, then order a bezel from your dealer. you can install it in less than an hour. Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I've seen them on ebay as low as $575, I paid less than $150 for mine with a damaged screen.

I use this search line on ebay, it covers and eliminates alot. just copy and paste it-

(rec, navigation, nav, gps) -aviation -light -furuno -acr -sailing -boat -VLF/Omega -raymarine -raystar -king -adjustable -Yachtsmans -marine -air -raytheon -aircraft -noaa -marine -chartplotter -avmap -icom -Avionics -navionics -flight -kuda -bendix -protector -clarion -collins -eagle -seachamp -la

·
Registered
541 Posts
I'd be careful with ebay. I bought a radio which didn't work, seller won't issue a refund and paypal says they cannot guarantee the quality of goods purchased. So I lost my money unless I sue or something like that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had the factory six disk and upgraded to the REC navigation - got it on EBAY for $620 - works great! I needed to order a new dash bezel (basically the whole front panel of the dash) to fit the nav unit, was roughly $85 from justforjeeps.com. Install was very easy. Good Luck!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the replies, I still dont know why the dealership told me it cant be done, oh well thier loss they could have told me it was 2 grand or something like that and I would of had it installed. I will try and find one and order the bezel and do it myself. Thanks again.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Dabitz said:
I'd be careful with ebay. I bought a radio which didn't work, seller won't issue a refund and paypal says they cannot guarantee the quality of goods purchased. So I lost my money unless I sue or something like that.

Dabitz is this the one you were telling me about a couple of weeks ago?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yo..... Piece of cake to install the radio.Dash pops right off after the allen bolts are removed.Pop out the old radio pop in the new one. You need both the antenaa and the disc for it tio work.Bezel at dealer 94.00 total scam it's called a kit. I picked up total nav. package for 1000.00.radio nav ant. nav. disc,dvd overhead,chrome controls smart mirror etc. the whole interior on ebay. payed with paypal.Make sure about the description if and when you by.. ETC.Sold as is. Try LKQonline.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Dabitz said:
Another option PayPal doesn't mention is if you paid through PayPal with your credit card, you can go through your credit card company. Ebay also has its own recourse.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts