Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello friends, please sorry if my issue is solved, I have not found it.
I want to change my factory radio for a Kenwood radio, that kind of radio that are regular square.
The problem is, that my factory radio is not square!!! It is that class of radio that has two semi-curves on two sides. Are there any way to replace that part of the Jeep dashboard to convert it for the square one form?

Thanks guys!

·
Administrator
6,701 Posts
The real question is - is the stereo your installing a single din or double din unit? By "regular square" I assume you're installing a double din unit, that's what most - but not all Commanders have; ANY double din head unit install kit should come with trim parts & pieces necessary to complete a nice symmetrical install job.

·
Registered
393 Posts
You'll need something like this or make your own from junkyard parts

·
Registered
131 Posts
You'll need something like this or make your own from junkyard parts

Big "thank you" for that. I had a similar thread a couple of weeks ago and got nowhere.

Ordered this and an Alpine ILX-W650 for our interstate January trip.

Seriously, thank you.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I ordered the same conversion kit yesterday. Cant wait to get the new equipment in there!

·
Registered
1 Posts
How did the installation of the Alpine ILX-W650 go?

I have the factory non-navigation radio on a 2007 Jeep Commander, and trying to upgrade to a double DIN Alpine stereo receiver. I have not found much information.

Thanks,

JD

Big "thank you" for that. I had a similar thread a couple of weeks ago and got nowhere.

Ordered this and an Alpine ILX-W650 for our interstate January trip.

Seriously, thank you.

·
Administrator
6,701 Posts
How did the installation of the Alpine ILX-W650 go?

I have the factory non-navigation radio on a 2007 Jeep Commander, and trying to upgrade to a double DIN Alpine stereo receiver. I have not found much information.

Thanks,

JD
@jorged75;

If you want to upgrade from a single din to a double din unit the first & most important step is ordering a new dash bezel designed for the REC Double DIN OEM Unit.

You can find them on e-bay.

Also, please read the New Member Required Reading below and complete your user profile as directed, in order to comply with the forum rules;

Also, take the time to post an introduction to the forum in the New Member Section shown below;

Thanks & welcome aboard.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts