Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where the best place to get a Factory Service Manual for a Commander Sport (3.7L) is? I've seen them online for $20, but I was wondering if anyone knew of someplace I could get it for cheaper.

Also, does Haynes not make a manual for the Commander? I've heard good things about their manuals, but they don't have one on their website.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Does anyone know where the best place to get a Factory Service Manual for a Commander Sport (3.7L) is? I've seen them online for $20, but I was wondering if anyone knew of someplace I could get it for cheaper.

Also, does Haynes not make a manual for the Commander? I've heard good things about their manuals, but they don't have one on their website.

https://techauthority.gltghosting.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ItemDisplay?catalogId=10051&storeId=10051&itemId=27462&langId=-1&categoryId=16651&parent_category_rn=80104&qty=0

Ain't no $20, tho. I've not had great experience with Haynes manuals, but $395 for an official factory shop manual is a bit pricey, might make Haynes more palatable :grim:

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Might be, just have to make sure its for the XK, not the XH, as the engines are other systems are different.

·
Registered
125 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts

Are you looking for some information on spefecific? Or just want to have the manual?

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
I have the 4 volume '06 manual courtesy of HueyPiolt if you just need some research.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not looking for anything specific. I'd just like to have one for basic maintenance, especially stuff that the dealership would charge and arm and a leg for. A Haynes manual would be more what I'm looking for really, but it doesn't look like they make one for the Commander.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts

If you've seen a service manual for 20 bucks you should snap it up fast ! That is very, very cheap !
Here are some sets for sale on ebay:

2006 JEEP COMMANDER SHOP SERVICE MANUAL SET 4

2006 Jeep Commander Service Repair Manual Set Vol 1-4

2007 Jeep Commander Service Manual Set 4 Volummes

2008 Jeep Commander XK Service Manual 6 Volume Set

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Those aren't manuals, they're sets of encyclopedias! :D

Awesome price on the first set, very tempted to buy one.

·
2,248 Posts
A49er has the set. As the first Grand Poobah of the Jeep Commander Forum it was required reading. After memorizing the entire set he had to take a test. How else do you think he got his high exalted position and the big bucks that goes along with it.

I think Phunkeydude is still memorizing and getting ready for his test.

Now I got two shots at getting banned.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Just bought mine, and I got to use my 10% off PayPal coupon, paid for the shipping fees! :banger::thumbsup:

These will be nice to have for reference more than anything else. Won't do my own major work until its out of warranty at 100k.

·
Registered
188 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Please don't hurt me too bad for bumping an old thread, but does anyone know if the 2008 service manuals would be the same as 2009, or is it just best to get them for the 2009?

·
Registered
3 Posts
http://www.tradebit.com/filedetail.php/115172971-2006-jeep-commander-factory-service-manual-download

Any word on the validity of this "factory service manual"?

I contacted the seller and received this:

"original Factory service manual
pdf file archived in winrar"

----- Original Message ----- From: <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Sunday, December 05, 2010 7:00 PM
Subject: Tradebit Email:

Please reply to xxxx

This email was sent by the contact information form
http://phpscript.tradebit.com/contact.php

Hi, I've got a question about the 2006 Jeep Commander Service manual you have. Is this a PDF of the 4 large service manuals that dealerships have? Or is this the owners manual? Would you be able to shoot me a pdf of the cover or any other details about this file?

Thanks,
<AtomicOrange>

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Buyer beware on some eBay rip-offs.

Someone is selling Jeep Owner's Manuals really cheap, $5, because its just the .pdf version they will e-mail to you if you buy it. Hello, you can download the .pdf of the OM's for free from a Jeep Website.

There is an illegal copy of the 2007 Jeep Interactive Service Manaul DVD (multiple models) floating around the internet. Sure enough someone is selling the DVD for $25 on eBay.

From what I understand, the DVD is NOT designed for Windows, its designed for what ever OS the dealerships use. You can get it to work on windows somewhat, but things like wiring diagrams won't come up. Sure enough the eBay auction says the wiring diagrams are NOT included.

·
Registered
1 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts