Jeep Commander Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Administrator
15,531 Posts
I purchased this manual and found it to be a Fraud!!!!! BEWARE!!!!! I checked the code of it and although its an HTML file every link in the manual points to a Blank.htm file. Dont Purchase this !!!!!!!!!:icon_confused:
Thanks for the warning.

·
Registered
4 Posts
http://www.tradebit.com/filedetail.php/115172971-2006-jeep-commander-factory-service-manual-download

Any word on the validity of this "factory service manual"?

I contacted the seller and received this:

"original Factory service manual
pdf file archived in winrar"

----- Original Message ----- From: <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Sunday, December 05, 2010 7:00 PM
Subject: Tradebit Email:

Please reply to xxxx

This email was sent by the contact information form
http://phpscript.tradebit.com/contact.php

Hi, I've got a question about the 2006 Jeep Commander Service manual you have. Is this a PDF of the 4 large service manuals that dealerships have? Or is this the owners manual? Would you be able to shoot me a pdf of the cover or any other details about this file?

Thanks,
<AtomicOrange>
I can't speak for the validity of the sale, but the PDF you get does seem like the 4 volume set. The file is 8968 pages and is aprox 175MB. Not sure where the winrar archiving coments come from, mine was direct PDF. After I purchased it just linked me to the PDF to download. Site was pretty fast too. Took about 4 1/2 minutes as I got 600KB/sec on the download.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
I purchased this manual and found it to be a Fraud!!!!! BEWARE!!!!! I checked the code of it and although its an HTML file every link in the manual points to a Blank.htm file. Dont Purchase this !!!!!!!!!:icon_confused:
I don't think the html files are blank, I think its a matter of the viewer being outdated and the files with viewer NOT being compatible with the newer browsers.

I'm betting the site is selling the 2007 FSM that was floating around the internet for free, which that one I'm told is having the same problems you describe.

How much you wanna bet it would work just fine with WinXP and IE 6.0?

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
blank is a file name for the html page.
Mine does not work on the wiring diagram but the service works fine.
The wiring is also on the service side and it does work.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
I can't remember where I saw it, I think it was a forum, but someone said if you download and install the latest SVG viewer from adobe and then go into internet explorer, internet options and enable "compatibility mode" that will make it work. Makes sense to me, but I haven't tried it, I didn't download the manual.

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
I can't open the service manual with Safari on this iPad.

hey el cheapo, there is a thread here for an online service manual. I started
It. I will dig it up and bump the thread for you. If that doesn't work, send me a pm.

·
Registered
51 Posts
pirate bay has almost anything available for download :p

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yep, although I've got the '08...the part that worries me, shop manuals are always copyrighted, so $20 for a PDF sounds a bit light; anybody with an '07 wanna order one and let us cheapskates know if it's the real deal?

??
Just down loaded for my 08, its legit. has 7859 pages

·
Administrator
15,531 Posts

·
Administrator
15,531 Posts
Reactions: ridinginstyle

·
Administrator
15,531 Posts