Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the same portion of trail Romeo posted pics of two weeks back. The video is shot from inside the XK and includes some goofy narration, but it is sorta cool, hope you enjoy, JD

Getting started and most of the fun

Daughter giggling and giving direction

Aftermath and observation

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Screwed up the last one, copied wrong vid, heres the right one, JD

·
Registered
564 Posts
Looking good… I may make it there this weekend, normally I go on the other direction , will have to do it going up next time, have you been able to find any other places yet? I found some info that I’m trying to get confirm, if I find anything up I’ll let you know.
If it wasn’t so late already I would go there right now… is been a week since my XK has seen some mud…

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ROMEO said:
Looking good… I may make it there this weekend, normally I go on the other direction , will have to do it going up next time, have you been able to find any other places yet? I found some info that I’m trying to get confirm, if I find anything up I’ll let you know.
If it wasn’t so late already I would go there right now… is been a week since my XK has seen some mud…
Romeo, I have not done too much snooping on the other sites you pm's me about. The XK just got out of the shop it was rear ended last week. DiD the trail in my truck last saturday in the rain and mud was awesome. The hill at the beginning of the video is a blast just too narrow, you will def leave some paint behind and the ruts are almost a foot deep so be careful if you try it. Lots of horses and dog walkers and bikers on the weekend so stay slow and keep an eye out for dogs not leashed, JD

·
Registered
564 Posts
jddirty said:
Romeo, I have not done too much snooping on the other sites you pm's me about. The XK just got out of the shop it was rear ended last week. DiD the trail in my truck last saturday in the rain and mud was awesome. The hill at the beginning of the video is a blast just too narrow, you will def leave some paint behind and the ruts are almost a foot deep so be careful if you try it. Lots of horses and dog walkers and bikers on the weekend so stay slow and keep an eye out for dogs not leashed, JD
Yeah, last time I was there it had been raining for about 2 days I think, and it is a lot nicer, and I know exactly where you are talking about, last time I was there I almost went up, but there is no way we can make it without getting a nice custom paint job, also, I was trying to find that road you were talking about that takes you to a lake, but had no luck, is that on the same trail? or another one I don't know about?

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
Commanders always look better in "dirt."

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
webjones said:
That looked like fun. Your daughter is too cute.

The road to my grandparent's home when I was a kid (Carson, MS) was pretty much just like that.
Thanks, she has been eating up any kind of rough road we can throw at her, she really loves when we see different animals especially birds and squirrels. I was brought up in the woods and on the water so I am trying to do the same for her. But I thing I still have the most fun, JD

·
Registered
735 Posts
jddirty where are you located at i am in a town called national park nj me and romeo might meet up today to take a little trail run if you are interested. let me know. oer let romeo know

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Wish we had trees like that around here, thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
bsnyder717 said:
jddirty where are you located at i am in a town called national park nj me and romeo might meet up today to take a little trail run if you are interested. let me know. oer let romeo know
Bsnyder, I am in Princeton, the trail is in Cream Ridge/Millstone by six flags, I work not to far from you in Moorestown, see you guys soon, JD

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
a49erFootballFan said:
Wish we had trees like that around here, thanks for sharing.
Yeah and I wish I had your weather year 'round, My sister just purchased a home in the Terra Vita section of north scottsdale, is that close to you. The pictures she sends are beautiful, looks like lots great dessert and mountainscape, thanks for sharing, JD

·
Registered
564 Posts
jddirty said:
Yeah and I wish I had your weather year 'round, My sister just purchased a home in the Terra Vita section of north scottsdale, is that close to you. The pictures she sends are beautiful, looks like lots great dessert and mountainscape, thanks for sharing, JD

WISH I HAD MORE TRAILS TO GO AND BE ABLE TO ENJOY THE MOUNTAINS AND TREES...
:(

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
jd, your welcome to stop in and we can find a trail anytime you want.

It has been raining for the past two days which is odd for May in AZ it will be back to 100 degrees by next weekend.

·
Registered
283 Posts
She is one cute jeeper! My boy did the same thing, "GO!" "Faster!" "Bumps!"

·
Banned
3,374 Posts
its going to become an addiction. next thing you know, you'll want to quit your job and move to the mountians, add a lift kit, tires, winch. its a sickness.

i have a confirmed disease, and its spreading to the kids, and now my wife is starting to contact it. we are happy she has come over to the dark side!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
4.7commander said:
its going to become an addiction. next thing you know, you'll want to quit your job and move to the mountians, add a lift kit, tires, winch. its a sickness.

i have a confirmed disease, and its spreading to the kids, and now my wife is starting to contact it. we are happy she has come over to the dark side!
Every time we pass another jeep now, whatever model, my wife is looking for mods, and is always saying which ones look better and such. She is making her visual checklist, and why not the xk is her daily driver. Mods are not far off in the future. yes, luke, I am your father............

1 - 17 of 17 Posts