Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up guys. I came across this website www.thefastman.com and asked the guy if he has a TB that fits my 3.7L. He does have them that fit and he says that I can expect to get a way better throttle response and noticable power gains. Any feedback would be awesome! :killtard:

·
Registered
887 Posts
Very interesting indeed! Looks like $180 plus you send them your old one (core). I wonder how much performance increase you could expect. If it was in the range of 15-20 HP more it might be worth it...

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Very interesting indeed! Looks like $180 plus you send them your old one (core). I wonder how much performance increase you could expect. If it was in the range of 15-20 HP more it might be worth it...
A ported throtle body is only going to give you approx. 5-10 HP depending on the other mods you have done to your vehicle. Also throtle responce will be greatly improved.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I would assume that mileage would decrease with this mod as well.
Im not sure that there would be a decrease in gas mileage and if there was it mostlikely wouldnt be to noticable.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Takes oats to feed the ponies!

Rob
I like that one, I haven't heard it said like that before. It is also very true.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I installed a ported throtle body on my last 3 vehicles and didnt notice a drop in fuel mileage.

·
Registered
266 Posts
cool can anyone post after instal with info on fitment like does it affect ....example =does it add tention on cables or any other erea in the engine compartment?

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
cool can anyone post after instal with info on fitment like does it affect ....example =does it add tention on cables or any other erea in the engine compartment?
No one is running this TB yet so that might be hard to do. Honestly I doubt that they make one specifically for the Commander. Not all 4.7 liter TB's are the same. Mine looks nothing like the TB found on my friends older 4.7 liter Jeep Grand Cherokee

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
That's expensive for a ported throttle I did mine on my srt-4 I've ported a lot of things and powdercoated them as well
If you know what you are doing and have the proper tools its not that hard to do it yourself. I have ported both TB's and exhaust manifolds before.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was a little sceptical because I do know that all TB are the same size. They may have different bolt patterns. I'll ask more into it and let you guys know. This would be a great mod to do.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts