Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
photobucket account viewing for all pictures: http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/miniyota/fathers day trip/

Trail: Morrison Jeep Trail

Difficulty: medium

Length: 10 miles total, we could only do the bottom 3 miles. the switchbacks are not open until July 15.

Body damage: some, i also removed the engine skid plate with a rock!

we did some Jeep camping with the kids last night. it takes about 2 hours to go 3 miles up this canyon. we camped in the jeep with the kids. it was a tight fit, but we got a few hours of sleep.

a view going in:

a nice water fall we found.

creek crossing

·
Banned
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
this is the end of the trail before you go up the switchbacks to the top of the beartooth mountains.

we camped here overnight and then came back in the morning

·
Banned
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
pictures of the gate to the switchbacks. these are very steep and winding. i've never been up them. this summer will be the first time.

this is where i got the damage to the fenders. i didn't quite fit through. and the sand made it difficult to get going up hill.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Fantastic Pictures, really glad you had father's day off with the family.

·
Registered
208 Posts
4.7commander said:
this is the end of the trail before you go up the switchbacks to the top of the beartooth mountains.

we camped here overnight and then came back in the morning
Wow... talk about being in the middle of nowhere.

Awesome pics, tho!

:)

·
Registered
401 Posts
I'm jealous!!! Thanks for the fantastic pics.

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
Looks awesome! Maybe we can hit the switchbacks after I get my bumper on! Also, what did you mean by "no skid plate"?

·
Registered
69 Posts
VERY NICE PICS!! Love the mountain photo w/ the XK real small at the bottom. Very scenic.

·
Banned
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i have a bunch more pictures to upload. i'll show you here by tomorrow. my computer froze up when i was doing the last batch.

·
2,248 Posts
That plastic skidplate is usually the first to go. First trip out I broke a bolt on the corner of it. I replaced it with the factory set of all three metal skidplates. Also enjoyed your pictures, thanks for posting them.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Looking good out there, nice pics. Might try to get a run in tomorrow and get some shots of my own.

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
Ahh, the plastic plate... I feel better now.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
great pics 4.7 thanks 4 sharing. closest thing like that in is about 4 hours either south (cali), north (utah) or east (az) damm im jealous.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Nice trip 4.7, and nice pics too,,, I was surprised that you plastic skid plate,,,, it doesn't match with the stuff on you Commander, ,, I mean it doesn't go along with such a bumper and skid plate bumper;)

you should submit some of those pics for the calendar.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts