Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dash has been showing the passenger door open display for some time now ,sometimes it recognizes its closed . I believe the sensor is part of the whole latch assembly and must be replaced as a whole. I have not been able to locate this part . I would like to just hard wire it so that it reads closed for now if possible , anyone know if thats possible and or where to get the whole part online ? thanks .

·
Registered
532 Posts
did you try first a hard reset unplugging the negative of you battery for a few h??

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
did you try first a hard reset unplugging the negative of you battery for a few h??

yep that didn't work.. if you look at your door jam there is a small circle of tape above the latch itself ,It is covering a hole which exposes the internal locking mechanism . My piece of tape was missing and thats not good because water drains through this area and likely caused the sensor to go whacky.

·
Registered
532 Posts
ya i guess that could be the solution, later i ll take a look at my door and i hope to help you about it...cause actually without looking at that i dont have any idea about how to access the sensor

·
Registered
2 Posts
My dash has been showing the passenger door open display for some time now ,sometimes it recognizes its closed . I believe the sensor is part of the whole latch assembly and must be replaced as a whole. I have not been able to locate this part . I would like to just hard wire it so that it reads closed for now if possible , anyone know if thats possible and or where to get the whole part online ? thanks .

Has anyone found a definitive answer to this problem yet? My dealer never found the problem since the door sensors were always working when they looked at it, however my battery is now dead and I still have the problem.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I took the door latch mechanism out and inspected the connections both at the unit and at the door jam area inside the rubber boot . I have to assume its the sensor gone bad inside the sealed unit itself .

There are four wires leading into the unit , they are for the power lock and for the sensor . no matter what configuration I tried I was not able to close the circuit for it to sense the door closed, Im not sure why .

I haven't been successful finding this part online , so I will call the dealer and get a price during the week . Im sure its not cheap .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Went to the dealer who figured out that the door latch they put in 25 months ago (with a 1 year warranty) had failed. Need another one. They're charging $199 for parts and labor plus tax. Hopefully this one lasts and the problem gets solved for good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts