Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I scratched one of my flares really bad last year. And, I'm slowly eliminating the Chrome from my limited so I pulled the flares and popped out the chrome rivets. I sprayed the flares with rustoleum bed liner and bought stainless steel allen head bolts (3/8"W x 1/2L") and put them in the holes. A 7/16" wide bolt would be perfect but they didn't have any at my local automotive fasteners. I think it turned out good, plus they now match the dash. I also swapped out my chrome trim with my friend's black trim...just need to get rid of the chrome wheels or spray em.

·
Premium Member
12,579 Posts
That looks sharp, another member (BIGMANINDS) took off his fenders and simply put bolts in the holes which also has a real industrial look.

·
Super Moderator
14,913 Posts
I don't see any difference between the chrome bolt heads and the stainless steel ones.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The chrome ones kind of look like button head, no actual bolt look to them plus I don't like cheap plastic chrome. The bolts I put in are a bit more flat finish silver and are allen head just like the ones in my dash. On the front I've just pulled the bumper and cut my flares shorter. I'm having a custom tube bumper with a skid plate and 2" receiver made for the front. Until the bumper is done I just scuffed up the exposed metal and sprayed it with bedliner too so it will match.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Here a pic of my fender flares. I like the way your fender flares came out.

Attachments

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I rocked it without flares/bumpers for a few weeks while I was getting everything together. I like having them on there. I think the bolts ran me $24 since they're stainless steel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts