Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im getting a front tube bumper made and after removing the bumper to get the measurment I've come to realize that once it is done ill either have to cut the current fenders or take them off. I was wondering if anyone has found or made a custom fender similar to bushwacker or if there is a way to make the bushwacker or some other fender flare fit the XK.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
I think most of the guys with custom fenders ended up cutting part of the flares off where the bumper intersected them. I don't think any after-market flares fit the Commanders.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea that what ive seen but just wondering if anyone had tried to customize fender flares for other jeeps to make them fit. I was considering taking some sort of black plastic and bending it to go over the medal that the stock fenders clip into. Or else just get black bolts and put them in the holes for better appearance

·
Premium Member
12,579 Posts
I saw some bushwhackers at SEMA that I think will work but they were on a show vehicle and there was nobody to ask for a model number.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you ever come across the model number or try them out please post and let us know. I think it would add a quite unique look to go along with the tube bumper i'm having made

·
Registered
417 Posts
Someone needs to go to the local 4x4 shop and see if they have something that matches up. If only AEV made more of a committment to the XK.

Too bad there are so few of them out there and such a small segment of those owners actually mod their rides.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm curious about the clearance above the front tires- If I remove the entire fender and increase tire size would a much larger tire on a V8 commander bump into the edge of the hood?

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I'm curious about the clearance above the front tires- If I remove the entire fender and increase tire size would a much larger tire on a V8 commander bump into the edge of the hood?
There are too many unknowns to consider to answer that question. Eventually yes a big enough tire would hit the hood, but I'd assume that you would have other rubbing issues far before you get to that point.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts