Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Nice. What type of mount did you get? Got any pictures of it without the tire? Or close ups of the mount?

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
It looks like a hitch mount. Is that correct? I don't see any cross-bars. It looks like it is where the tire belongs.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:headbang2:thanks. i bought enough steel to make two of them so when i get a chance to make the next one ill post it up for sale if anyones interested

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
good steel isnt cheap especially in small quanity. i found that out first hand. powder coat is a good idea and one that crossed my mind. when i get to build the next one i'll post something as far as price. not really sure what id list it for. any suggestions? i put two more pics in the gallery titled fifth wheel

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
good steel isnt cheap especially in small quanity. i found that out first hand. powder coat is a good idea and one that crossed my mind. when i get to build the next one i'll post something as far as price. not really sure what id list it for. any suggestions? i put two more pics in the gallery titled fifth wheel
I can't find where these pics are . Can you please give a link ? Or why not just post them in this thread ?

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
I can't find where these pics are . Can you please give a link ? Or why not just post them in this thread ?

Click on his name, go to his profile and then select the album. Long way there but it works.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The ones ive seen that are hitch mounted range from $80-$130 for unviersal. I have a buddy that powdercoats so I always do that instead of paint lol
:headbang: wow if i wouldve known that i might of just bought one! eventho it is nice that mine is built for my commander. if you look in the pic without tire it follows the slope of the back of the jeep quite nicely! and the tire height is just where i wanted it. so i guess im glad i made it after all

·
Registered
59 Posts
Please don't be offended, and I'm sure one or two will, but are you kidding me??? That hitch mounted spare tire rig is one of the stupidest things I've ever seen... it's purely for vanity, which i'm usually cool with, but to have to drop the whole thing down to get access to the trunk makes it totally impractical! Maybe I'm just one of the creeps that actually uses my trunk because I hate clutter in my viewing area, but I wouldn't even use that if it were a gift.

Also, do you run into any problems because of it covering your license plate?

Cool, got a spare tire on the rear, like a Wrangler... I guess it's a real Jeep, now!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts