Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Times are harsh...but when we pull up to gas pumps now, our prayers couldn't be any more happier to be fulfilled. Filled up today for a total less than $23 (drove 260 miles today @ 1.48/gal, regular). Not bad, figuring the load we were hauling too. This is better than the nightmare we had months ago... hated the $50+ fillups. Sadly this economy is plummeting. Wishing everyone luck, keepin the jobs and house. :icon_confused:

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
darn, $1.48 a gallon is great. we're still at about $1.79 average, which isn't bad either. i usually go to sams club and get gas for $1.73. i agree my prayers are with everyone as far as keeping there homes during these hard times.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I have paid as little as $1.41 for regular.

My last fill up was about 15 gallons and I paid less than $23 as well.

Last night we watched "Die Hard" and there was a scene where the police officer was getting Twinkies at the gas station. The price per gallon was 74 cents for regular and 77 cents for high test.

That movie was made in 1988.

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
i put a little over 15 gallons in the other day @ $1.45. it was under $20 to fill it up. nice not to have to blink about filling it up/

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
It seems that the gas price is a fairly accurate barometer of the economy. In that case I hope it doesn't a fall below $1/gal for fear of what that will mean for the country. Although I do like to see the money come out of the oil fatcats pockets because In my own opinion a large part of the economic downturn is a result of the greedy oil company.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Last Thanksgiving I visited my Dad in New Orleans.
This Thanksgiving, I left Chicago to first go to North Carolina and then on to New Orleans and then back to Chicago.
I spent virtually the same amount on fuel to get to New Orleans last year (1000 mi)
as I spent this year for the entire round trip! (3000 mi)
I felt like I was riding for free..........sorta.

Rob

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
XKJeep06... so you are putting only regular in your XK?

The HEMI recommends midgrade, how has the HEMI been doing on just regular gas?
The vehicle has been flawless honestly. I used to be OCD bout putting mid-grade. The manual says 89 is optimal, and 87 is acceptable. I have a 4x2 (RWD) and do not tow anything around. With that said, it's fine to put in just regular. This past weekend, we drove to/from Austin. Average MPG was about 18.6 doing about 65-70mph. Been doing this for about umm, the past 6-8 months, ever since gas broke $3/gal.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I think it can only go back up once the world economy begins to straighten out.
There are many out there that can't even buy a tank of fuel right now, and it doesn't look like it's gonna change for a while.

My thoughts,
Rob
Yeah, very disappointing and sad. Although I don't feel for those folks who drive the high end cars (older lexus, bmw, MBs, etc, and are stranded on the side b/c they ran out of gas with nice/fancy wheels). Times are tough, and getting better is a bit farther than many of us are predicting. I mean goodness, over 1/2 million folks w/o a job now. INSANE!

·
Administrator
15,201 Posts
I've been using 87 since I bought my XK. No problems at all. Tried a few tanks of 89 and premium and saw no difference, so why pay more ?

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Kinda wish I could move south so I could enjoy the below $2/gal gas prices... but there is way too many people down that way.

As for the economy, boy I feel it as a landlord and a property owner. Rents are getting later and incomplete. To make matters worse electric and natural gas prices are increasing 20% this month with no sign of dropping. Oy Vay!

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts

I've been using regular in my HEMI since the beginning (12k miles) and have had no issues at all.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Paid $1.27 for mid grade at Sam's Club the other day. Woo!
Try living in England and paying circa $1.35 for a single LITRE of gas! :grim:

You guys have it lucky....don't complain too much or you'll get me started!!!

There are circa 5.5litres to the gallon...i think!:icon_confused:

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
How have the prices in the UK been over the past couple years? Have you noticed they that the price changes there the same as here?

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
That's the reason I don't live there! :stickpoke:

OK maybe that's not the only reason. :eyemouth:
I don't live there because I like my guns.

:)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts