Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what's up everyone?! I'm a jeep service advisor located in pa. I've always wanted a commander and finally as my 50th ride I got one. I bought it bone stock 2 months ago and I've done the following so far :

1. rock Trix wheels + stock tire size
2. cold air intake
3. 90mm throttle body
4. oil separator
5. double iridium plugs(big difference)
6. trinity 2 Tuner running the diablo tune
7. single chamber muffler back exhaust
8. formed mud flaps
9. LED High/Low and Fogs
10. led interior lighting
11. classic solo baric 15" subwoofer
12. Touchscreen media player
13. vent visor window rain guards
14. good bug deflector
15. smoked head lights
16. light bar up top and on front bumper controlled by a 3 gang switch panel
17. comp cams, cam is arriving Thursday

next mods is Edelbrock heads and sniper intake manifold when I do the cam. . 5.7 hemi with 144k on the clock, 1 owner and full maintenance history, dry as can be and with the exception of some minor dings, she is clean.

Automotive side marker light Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Sky Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle Tire Automotive side marker light Gear shift Vehicle Steering part Motor vehicle Personal luxury car Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Car Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle Automotive design Steering part Steering wheel

·
Registered
2008 XK 4.7L 4x4 (QT1) Flex-Fuel Sport
14 Posts
Not to shabby. Question re: the radio/media player... how was the harness work? Did they make one to fit the model radio, or did you have to modify one yourself? Also wondering if it works with the back up camera, and the mic in the rear view.

I need to replace mine because the display is shot, and I'm looking for simple options. As long as it works with the cam and gives me an auxilary port, and it will use my phone's navigation, I'm golden.

Cheers! Good luck!
Drew P.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not to shabby. Question re: the radio/media player... how was the harness work? Did they make one to fit the model radio, or did you have to modify one yourself? Also wondering if it works with the back up camera, and the mic in the rear view.

I need to replace mine because the display is shot, and I'm looking for simple options. As long as it works with the cam and gives me an auxilary port, and it will use my phone's navigation, I'm golden.

Cheers! Good luck!
Drew P.
first and foremost the media player is a bottom of the line Amazon purchase, it was an experiment of sorts... I used a module that best buy sells to retain steering wheel functions, factory wiring and can bus communications. the rear camera should work, I haven't hooked it up yet, I just have to convert the two wire signal to rca input to the player.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Commander Limited, 5.7 Hemi QD2
1,149 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
first and foremost the media player is a bottom of the line Amazon purchase, it was an experiment of sorts... I used a module that best buy sells to retain steering wheel functions, factory wiring and can bus communications. the rear camera should work, I haven't hooked it up yet, I just have to convert the two wire signal to rca input to the player.
You answered a question I had. I too recently purchased my first jeep and it is a Comander, and I love her. They had tricked her out and put oversized tires (changing this weekend back to what factory calls for(the difference mine has the flat star chrome rims that I love). The previous owners also installed a nice touch screen Kenwood. My problem is my backup camera isn't getting signal. It did one time when we were is the woods taking her out to she what she could do(what a beast having owned a Hummer, and and a Cadillac Escalade EXT they are nothing compaired to where my Comander will go.)and we were in a sketch situation, to me anyway I later found out later that neiter of my friends 2 jeeps had made it there, the camera came on. So I now know loose connection.
I love everything you have done to your jeep and I love the lights, may I use the idea, and have you ever seen one with a front guard and winch?

·
Registered
Silver 2006 Commander V8 2.5" Lift , Wheel Spacers, BF Goodrich AT K01 245/70/17
48 Posts
what's up everyone?! I'm a jeep service advisor located in pa. I've always wanted a commander and finally as my 50th ride I got one. I bought it bone stock 2 months ago and I've done the following so far :

1. rock Trix wheels + stock tire size
2. cold air intake
3. 90mm throttle body
4. oil separator
5. double iridium plugs(big difference)
6. trinity 2 Tuner running the diablo tune
7. single chamber muffler back exhaust
8. formed mud flaps
9. LED High/Low and Fogs
10. led interior lighting
11. classic solo baric 15" subwoofer
12. Touchscreen media player
13. vent visor window rain guards
14. good bug deflector
15. smoked head lights
16. light bar up top and on front bumper controlled by a 3 gang switch panel
17. comp cams, cam is arriving Thursday

next mods is Edelbrock heads and sniper intake manifold when I do the cam. . 5.7 hemi with 144k on the clock, 1 owner and full maintenance history, dry as can be and with the exception of some minor dings, she is clean.

View attachment 43005 View attachment 43006 View attachment 43007 View attachment 43008 View attachment 43009
nice ride.. The gold wheels are sweet

1 - 6 of 6 Posts