Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After sitting on the lift kit for 8 months and the new tires for 8 months, I gave myself a bday present and went to my friends garage and lifted my Jeep. Cant imagine doing it on the ground. The lift was awesome to have, along with a frind thats a mechanic. Thanks JT. If your wondering, 2" RC lift, with Firestone Destination AT's 245-75-17, no rubbing at all. Love the lift, the tires could be wider, im thinking about adding 1.5" wheel spacers to give it a wider stance...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Jackson eh? Same here.

Hey, want to come to the Jeeps In the Vineyard with us? We're getting a group of XKs and WKs to go and probably doing a trail ride afterwards.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tox, good luck with the install, It wasnt too difficult, it was nice using a lift at my buds shop. 06, like Matt said, im in Jackson, NJ, apparently so is he... If your not from Jersey, we are considered central NJ. Matt, whens the ride, and what type trails? Id be interested, but I have commitments on the weekend with my kids...

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
The show is Nov 12th. Probably play the ride by ear... it'll depend greatly on the weather and also how the show goes. I think the show ends are 3-4; so if we're having a good time and stay till the end, there wont be enough time to get in a trail ride before dusk. But if we head out around 1-2 we can cruise around a bit.

Nothing back there you couldn't handle in a stock XK. Unless it rains a lot, then there's some deep water that i'll even avoid.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Commander Lift

Also just lifted our commander. 2.25" rocky road kit with 265/70/17 hancook ats. Definitely gives it a much better look and still drives like new

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts