Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after a 12 hour drive I'm finally back home in Louisiana after picking up a Commander off my brother. He bought his wife a new 300c so he was getting rid of his Jeep. I decided to take over payments and I gotta tell ya, I love the thing. Ride is smooth, gets decent MPG, amd has more than I exteced. Its got everything but dvd and 4x4. He hasn't done any mods to it so all suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance for all yalls help and hope to hear from yall soon!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Welcome from Michigan. Hope you are warmer than us. Congrats!

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Well, after a 12 hour drive I'm finally back home in Louisiana after picking up a Commander off my brother. He bought his wife a new 300c so he was getting rid of his Jeep. I decided to take over payments and I gotta tell ya, I love the thing. Ride is smooth, gets decent MPG, amd has more than I exteced. Its got everything but dvd and 4x4. He hasn't done any mods to it so all suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance for all yalls help and hope to hear from yall soon!!
Congrats on your new toy and welcome aboard!

I find myself in LaPlace La. from time to time, visiting my dad.
Were are you located?

Again congrats,
Rob

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
congrats on the xk. where's the pics.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I live in Deridder, its about an hour north of Lake Charles. I will get pics but I'm not at my house right now I'm out of town and no camera. But they are on the way asap!!!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here's what kind of luck I have. I didn't have my Jeep for 2 hours and someone backed into the left rear bumper and knocked out my backup sensor. Luckily the damage was very minimal but my brother epoxied the sensor in backwards and now the wire harness won't reach to the other side to plug it back in!!!!! UGH!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
First time owner and couldn't be happier

Hey everyone new to the site just wanted to let everyone know how much I love my 06 Commander...I was also wondering what are some of the best fog lights to get. I have an 06 black V8 4.7L and i was wanting to add some fog lights. Thanks hope to hear from you.Peace

·
Registered
261 Posts
XtremeKommander, Welcome to the forum. Lots of great info, good people, and fun here.

Personally, I like the stock fog light. Someone else might chime in about that.

Congrats on your new Jeep.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Welcome XtremeKommander!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Newb from Az.....

Whats up guys, my name is Israel (Iz for short) and i have a 06 3.7 XK 2WD. (wife grocery getter) Looking forward to learning a bit more about this jeep. I also own a 90 XJ that we play around with and a 05 SRT 10 for a DD.

So what can i do to this thing to fit a little more rubber? Spacers a good idea or bad and where is the best place to get them? Im looking to add no more than 2" and how big of a tire can i fit before rubbing?

Thanks!
IZ.

·
2,248 Posts
Welcome IZ,

You will get lots of advice here. The best place to start is the search feature.

There are also several members from AZ that meet for trail runs.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Welcome and Congrats on your Commander! I agree with XJaiger, I like the factory fog lights.-43:icon_biggrin:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts