Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
~~2008 Overland 5.7 HEMI~~
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thank you sweet baby geezus my ride is smoooooth again. After two months and three attempts on the fourth ($100) try I finally found a road force machine and it was worth every freaking penny!

·
2006 Commander Limited, 5.7 Hemi QD2
887 Posts
That's been going on for over 15 years, The chrome clads must have road force.

Reactions: LunaSea831

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's been going on for over 15 years, The chrome clads must have road force.
Yes but it’s my first few months with this commander and the first set of new shoes she’s gotten. I hadn’t had the pleasure of balancing those wheels until now.

·
2006 Commander Limited, 5.7 Hemi QD2
887 Posts
Not demeaning you, just that the tire places still can be a problem after all these years.

Reactions: LunaSea831

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not demeaning you, just that the tire places still can be a problem after all these years.
The Complete incompetence of both Goodyear and to independent tire shops is shocking to me. I read about the “jeep cone” used at discount tires and try to explain it to both of these shops and they just looked at me like I was a girl driving a Jeep 😐🤣
When I finally got to the shop that had the road force he waits till AFTER they’re balanced and says, “Next time we’ll use the jeep cone.” 😐
Whatever it was well worth 100 bucks. She is smooth as butter

·
Registered
8 Posts
Is there a simple explanation why chrome clad's need Road Force Balancing? A few weeks ago I mounted & balanced 265/70 Wildpeaks on Chrome Clad's using a typical Old Coates balancer. Did I just get lucky?

·
Administrator
15,875 Posts
Is there a simple explanation why chrome clad's need Road Force Balancing? A few weeks ago I mounted & balanced 265/70 Wildpeaks on Chrome Clad's using a typical Old Coates balancer. Did I just get lucky?
The chrome clad wheels need to have a balancing machine that uses an adapter that uses the lug nut holes instead of the center (hub) hole. For some reason if the center hole is used the hole somehow gets messed up and the tire won't balance. The Road Force machine used to be the only one that would balance the chrome clad wheels but there are others now. Just make sure to ask if the machine can use the lug nut holes. If not, go somewhere else.

Reactions: 4GVN.ADV
1 - 7 of 7 Posts