Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
only carnage on this trip was lost sway bar link bolt, and bent sway bar link on the front suspension. i'll have to straighten that back out or just get some sway bar disconnects.

i was surprised how much smoother it was on this trail with the OME springs and the front sway bar disconnected.

i also tested out the new design on the rear pumpkin protector. the rocks got hurt and the diff cover lost a little paint.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Great looking photos, Thanks for taking us along for the ride.

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i took the whole rear sway bar off. i had not used it in forever and the links were too short. it rides like a caddy, i love it. i just need some new front struts, mine are hammered, and maybe add a small spacer up front.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Getlost, if i remember correctly, you usually have your rear sway bar disconnected. Did you have them both unhooked this time?
I remember back when people were first experimenting with disconnecting these on the XK, its was mentioned the unhooking both front and rear at the same time could cause you to roll over. any insight on this if you tried it out?

·
Registered
887 Posts
Ross,

Awesome pictures! Man I am jealous... I wish I had trails like that where I live!

Also - Looks like you could use a little trail protection on that passenger side. I know a guy...

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
mine never feels like its going to flop over. i have pretty stiff springs all the way around. i personally like to keep my suspension lower and have the largest tire i can fit even if i have to do alittle trimming.

i drove home on the highway @ 70mph without the front hooked up. i could hardly tell it was off. the ride is much smoother.

i took the rear sway bar off about a year ago.

Getlost, if i remember correctly, you usually have your rear sway bar disconnected. Did you have them both unhooked this time?
I remember back when people were first experimenting with disconnecting these on the XK, its was mentioned the unhooking both front and rear at the same time could cause you to roll over. any insight on this if you tried it out?

·
Registered
183 Posts
I was lovin' the photos of your rear diff cover...very cool...nice pics.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts