Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey XK Family, got my lift this morning, well, drove up to the shop about 7:30AM, I didnt leave til 1PM, but anyway, I now have a 2" pro comp lift kit and 265/70/17 Nitto terra grapplers on my XK, and It looks sweet, they should have left the factory lifted, I'll post pics in the AM, had to pick up my son and we just got settled in the house an hour ago, my wife so the look and see loves it, thanks for the input guys. :banana_hitit:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OH yeah, still selling stock tires, they have 25,000 miles on them, willing to let them go for cheap.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Looking forward to some pics, post up in your garage too.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here are the pics:

This is the best shot out of all of the, I had to use my Camera phone...........
[/IMG]

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here are some more shots..........
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
Registered
269 Posts
I can't see the pictures just X

·
Registered
183 Posts
Nice setup! I agree, should've left the factory like that.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Looks great!

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Looks good!!! I was going to get the nitto graplers originally, but I didn't want to deal with the rubbing issue.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks good!!! I was going to get the nitto graplers originally, but I didn't want to deal with the rubbing issue.
In normal driving conditions, there is absolutly no rubbing, except, unless you lock the wheel to the left, but its minor and really not typicall.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Looks good. That is how it should come from the factory.

·
Registered
115 Posts
allstatebeer good job, it looks good, how is the 3.7 turning the 265's notice any loss of power from stock

·
Registered
8 Posts
265/70-17 without spacers or trim?????POSSIBLE????

"In normal driving conditions, there is absolutly no rubbing, except, unless you lock the wheel to the left, but its minor and really not typicall."

allstatebeer,
Let me understand one thing here...
Taken that you have a 2" inch lift.
I've read dozen and dozen of treads were every single one of them say that there is no way to fit 265/70-17 without spacers or trim...
But you have fitted them WITHOUT spacers and WITHOUT trim/pinch weld with only a slight rub at full lock on the left..???

Anyone here can confirm..?????????

Just in case here is the link to the tread:

http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8216

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I just installed an Old Man Emu coil lift on my friends HEMI commander over the weekend and did the pinch weld mod. He just got new tires installed about an hour ago and still has slight rubbing. He need to heat up the inner fender well liners a little more and push it farther back. He has 1.5 inch wheel spacers. The tires would have never fit without the pinch weld mod.

·
Registered
8 Posts
265/70-17 without spacers or trim?????POSSIBLE????

So then there is no way that allstatebeer was able to fit those 265/70-17 tires without spacers or bolt trim or pinch weld...right? He must have forgot some info?
I'm just very concerned on putting spacers and don't like to "wide" look of spidertrax. 1.5" is too much for me on the look and i'm afraid of the safety od spacers in general...
Shall I just go with 245/75-17 with no spacers and no trim..?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Looks great. I wish mine was Black. haha

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
So then there is no way that allstatebeer was able to fit those 265/70-17 tires without spacers or bolt trim or pinch weld...right? He must have forgot some info?
I'm just very concerned on putting spacers and don't like to "wide" look of spidertrax. 1.5" is too much for me on the look and i'm afraid of the safety od spacers in general...
Shall I just go with 245/75-17 with no spacers and no trim..?
You can run 255/70R17 with a 2" lift and it requires no trimming or spacers.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts