Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, we have owned the XK for about a year and 1/2 and today I finally ordered a lift kit. I went with the ever-so-popular OME HD lift. After reading all the posts, extensively, I felt necessary to go ahead and order Al's A Arms as well as some strut spacers, to go along with it.

Here is what my steps are (if i understood what is needed for this):

Remove old Suspension
Modify OE Gas Tank Skid for full rear upper control arm articulation
Modify pinch welds in front wheel wells
Use Self-tappers to hold back the plastic wheel well liners (watch the ac lines on the pass side)
Install Upper A-Arms
Install new suspension w/strut spacers

Did I miss anything?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I decided on the strut spacers since I plan on adding a winch in the front. I have the winch and will shortly decide on what options for adding it. Figured I'd add it on while had the suspension apart?

Coil isolators- I'll check those out and see if they need to be replaced
End links and sb bushings - any suggestions on which ones to choose? I figure I could order the bushings through local parts store?

·
1,993 Posts
I decided on the strut spacers since I plan on adding a winch in the front. I have the winch and will shortly decide on what options for adding it. Figured I'd add it on while had the suspension apart?

Coil isolators- I'll check those out and see if they need to be replaced
End links and sb bushings - any suggestions on which ones to choose? I figure I could order the bushings through local parts store?
For all the work installing the lift the isolators are worth changing while everything is apart. Your stock sway bar links will wear out faster after the lift. JKS makes a adjustable quick disco I think JBA sells them on their site.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts