Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
2006 Commander 5.7 QDII
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!
Ive had an 05 and 06 WK, with 4.7 and 5.7 as well as a 2016 WK2 Overland 5.7. I've always liked the look of the commander, so I recently purchased one. I pick it up Friday morning. Only waiting for rocker repairs to be completed.
Its an 06 5.7 with QDII. It looks to have an aftermarket cat back exhaust and a k&n cai installed by the previous owner. I have a superchips flashpaq from my previous WK 5.7, so I'll flash it at the gas station after I pick the XK up. lol
Hopefully there aren't too many surprises to start.
Enki

· Administrator
2008 XK Sport 4.7L V-8 QT-II 4WD 104,xxx Miles
8,736 Posts
Hi!
Ive had an 05 and 06 WK, with 4.7 and 5.7 as well as a 2016 WK2 Overland 5.7. I've always liked the look of the commander, so I recently purchased one. I pick it up Friday morning. Only waiting for rocker repairs to be completed.
Its an 06 5.7 with QDII. It looks to have an aftermarket cat back exhaust and a k&n cai installed by the previous owner. I have a superchips flashpaq from my previous WK 5.7, so I'll flash it at the gas station after I pick the XK up. lol
Hopefully there aren't too many surprises to start.
Enki
@Lord_Enki ; Welcome to the forum; Post some pics of your Commander when you can;

I added some details to your user profile signature for you that were missing, based on the user profile questions that you answered, so, thanks for taking the time to do that.

Please read the 1st post in the New Member Required Reading thread below; There is loads of great information for new Commander owners;

NEW MEMBER REQUIRED READING!!! Important New Member information, Forum requirements & Forum rules. | Jeep Commander Forum

Here are some links if you need to order any parts for repairs or upgrades to your XK;

Chrysler/Jeep Factory Parts: https://www.factorychryslerparts.com/

North American Parts: https://northamericanparts.rpmware.c...unt/login.aspx

JeepinByAl: JBAoffroad.com

JustforJeeps.com - https://www.justforjeeps.com/

Rough County lift kits - Suspension Lift Kits, Body Lifts, Leveling Kit, 4x4, Jeep, Chevy, Dodge, Ford, Off-road Truck | Rough Country Suspension Systems®

AFE: Advanced FLOW Engineering | Engineered Adrenaline

CARiD.com - https://www.carid.com/?gclid=CjwKEAj...NrrxoCEBbw_wcB

Bilstein shocks & struts - Home

WAM Custom Bumpers - https://wambumpers.com/

4WheelParts.com - Truck Parts & Jeep Parts - Lift Kits, Winches, Tonneau Covers, Tires, Wheels, Bumpers, Performance ? 4 Wheel Parts

RockAuto - https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...catalog%2Fjeep

I hope you find this information useful & again, welcome aboard.

· Registered
2006 Commander 5.7 QDII
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wow.... waiting until the end of the week to pick it up is tougher than I thought. I feel like a kid counting down until Christmas day!

· Administrator
2008 XK Sport 4.7L V-8 QT-II 4WD 104,xxx Miles
8,736 Posts
wow.... waiting until the end of the week to pick it up is tougher than I thought. I feel like a kid counting down until Christmas day!
Good things come to those who wait..... ;)

· Registered
2006 Commander 5.7 QDII
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the wait is killing me, though!
we're down to 1 vehicle in the house right now, so I'm sharing my wifes van.
3. more. days. lol

· Registered
2007 Commander Limited Hemi 2wd
61 Posts
Any updates? Maybe a surprise or two you found under the hood yet?

Reactions: Lord_Enki

· Registered
2006 Commander 5.7 QDII
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well, it took almost an extra week to receive the vehicle because the place i bought it from is pretty shady, it seems.
they sent it to another shop for safety certification because their shop cant perform safety inspections and i feel like they dont inspect like they should. they "found" a ball joint, sway bar bushing and a leaking transmission line... ill assume these were fixed...
day after i picked it up i have CEL p0138, coolant leak and it feels pillowy, like the rear shock(s) are shot...
i think everything else seems ok, but.... thats why i usually purchase private or from a big dealer.

have fixed nothing yet. just driving to work until i get it all figured. other than that....
All good! lmao

· Registered
2006 4.7L
392 Posts
well, it took almost an extra week to receive the vehicle because the place i bought it from is pretty shady, it seems.
they sent it to another shop for safety certification because their shop cant perform safety inspections and i feel like they dont inspect like they should. they "found" a ball joint, sway bar bushing and a leaking transmission line... ill assume these were fixed...
day after i picked it up i have CEL p0138, coolant leak and it feels pillowy, like the rear shock(s) are shot...
i think everything else seems ok, but.... thats why i usually purchase private or from a big dealer.

have fixed nothing yet. just driving to work until i get it all figured. other than that....
All good! lmao
Just
Empty
Every
Pocket

· Registered
2006 Commander 5.7 QDII
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
took a quick look before leaving for work this afternoon and noticed coolant seeping from a connection on one of the heater hoses at the plastic tee. one issue down. ;)

· Registered
2007 Commander Limited Hemi 2wd
61 Posts
took a quick look before leaving for work this afternoon and noticed coolant seeping from a connection on one of the heater hoses at the plastic tee. one issue down. ;)
I just fixed that issue myself. It’s pretty common.

You can:
A) cut the plastic T and add a brass T that will outlast your jeep
B) buy the parts Continental 64247 & 64248

I went with option A even though I have the parts but am too lazy to install as it requires some tedious work.

· Registered
2006 Commander Limited 4.7 130,000 miles
96 Posts
If standing at the left fender and it is the back hose leaking, you might as well change both tees to brass since it is hard to work around the one tee in front and more than likely that plastic tee has also gotten brittle like mine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts