Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I didn't wanna take any pics on the pavement, even though it's still brand new and being severely babied. So I found a dirt road nearby and
snapped a couple in the elements. No mud yet, but I'll get there! :D

Can't remember if someone explained yet or not why to blot out the license number, so I just did it.

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk6/my2008xk/DSC_2744Medium.jpg

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk6/my2008xk/DSC_2745Medium.jpg

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk6/my2008xk/DSC_2747Medium.jpg

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk6/my2008xk/DSC_2746Medium.jpg

·
Registered
209 Posts
Nice XK you got there! I'm surprised it doesn't have the chrome grab handles. I've noticed photos of limited's without them. I see you have them on order.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
andyblaze said:
Nice XK you got there! I'm surprised it doesn't have the chrome grab handles. I've noticed photos of limited's without them. I see you have them on order.
My dealer told me that it's simply a 75.00 add-on to get the handles and the riveted doo-hickey things on the fenders, and he doesn't understand why they don't just make it standard. When it came down to it, they had two practically identical Commanders for me to choose from. One had the 4X4 and one had the doo-hickeys. I chose the 4X4 and have the handles on order. :)

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
Morgan said:
My dealer told me that it's simply a 75.00 add-on to get the handles and the riveted doo-hickey things on the fenders, and he doesn't understand why they don't just make it standard. When it came down to it, they had two practically identical Commanders for me to choose from. One had the 4X4 and one had the doo-hickeys. I chose the 4X4 and have the handles on order. :)
The chrome grab handles and fender flares with the chrome bolts were standard on the 2006 Limited models and after that they became an option.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Your commander looks good in it's natural environment. I see the dealer is getting some free advertisement from you!!!:D

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Nice looking Jeep!

·
Banned
1,397 Posts
Morgan said:
I think it looks better just the way you have it. I'm not too fond of the rivets in the fender flares and I've never liked the chrome handles in the back. I think the way yours is set up is the way all Limiteds should be set up. My cousin has an identical black Hemi Commander, but with the rivets and handles. I think yours looks better.

·
Registered
160 Posts
SDBaja said:
What is that above the hemi logo on the rear tailgate in red?
That's the name of the dealership he bought the JC from... ie.. free advertisement

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
nice looking ride morgan....jeep looks good in the grass....

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
djmaro76 said:
That's the name of the dealership he bought the JC from... ie.. free advertisement
Yeah, not only do they put their little badge above the word HEMI, but they put their own license plate bracket too. I think I'll change the bracket.

Good dealership, tho. Always done right by me.

Thanks for all the nice comments, folx....

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Morgan said:
I think I'll change the bracket.
I'd also remove the badge. They're not paying you for advertising. Also, no need to wait until you get another bracket, you can run the rear plate without one. If you'e talking the front bracket, I would demand they provide you an unaltered factory bracket.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Great looking ride! What mods are you thinking about?

Cheers,
O'C

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Some people blot out the license plate number because its really easy to run a plate number and get almost any info they want about you. When i run plates for work some states give out all the info from Ins. Co and policy number all the way to Social Security Numbers. If this got in the wrong hands it would be very easy for that person to steal your identity. Especially because it give date of birth and home address and registered owners license state and number!

Next thing you know someone took out credit cards in your name and you cant figure out why your credit score went to ****!

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
07JeepXK said:
Some people blot out the license plate number because its really easy to run a plate number and get almost any info they want about you. When i run plates for work some states give out all the info from Ins. Co and policy number all the way to Social Security Numbers. If this got in the wrong hands it would be very easy for that person to steal your identity. Especially because it give date of birth and home address and registered owners license state and number!

Next thing you know someone took out credit cards in your name and you cant figure out why your credit score went to ****!
damm i hope no one on this site is that f*%#ed up to do something like that....

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
IrishmanO'C said:
Great looking ride! What mods are you thinking about?

Cheers,
O'C
Starting off with a couple of cosmetic things - the chrome grabber handles and then maybe a Mopar grill guard with a couple of driving lights. Since it's my daily driver right now, I don't think I'll lift it just yet. But maybe in a year or so when I can scrape together a used 4-banger for the commute....

And, of course, if 4.7 comes up with a spiffy diamond plate rear bumper upgrade... well then... hoo HOO!!!

:cool:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts