Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a few months of waiting through production and delivery delays, I took delivery of my 2007 Jeep Commander Limited today.

It is Steel Blue Metallic exterior with the Saddle Brown leather seating. It has the Hemi 5.7L engine, QuadraDrive II, Off-Road Package, Class IV Tow Package, Sunroof, Navigation/Backup Camera, Rear Seat Video, Power Lift Gate, 245/70R17 Goodyear Wrangler SilentArmor Tires, 17" Chrome Clad Wheels, Chrome Door Sill Guards, Cargo Liner, etc. etc.

I will take some photos on my vacation this weekend and post them when I get back.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Another congratulations here ....cant wait to see what it looks like...it sound great. Silver steel was a good choice and of course the saddle seats...haha.

·
Registered
89 Posts
If you don't mind me asking. How much did you pick it up for and any special financing?

Thanks and congrats on the new purchase!:)

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I picked up for $200 over invoice and then because it shipped late it ended up qualifying for the new $2000 rebate on 2007s.

I will post some photos later today.

Also, just to tick off Mikey, I calculated my MPG on my vacation. Over 800 miles driven, in elevations ranging from 1300 to 7400 feet, on both freeways and winding mountain roads, speeds ranging up to 85mph, I averaged a combined fuel economy of 15.9 mpg. That is well above the 11mpg he seems to get with his.

No problems thus far *knock on wood*

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My 2007 Jeep Commander Photos

Front View

Front View

Driver's Side View

Rear View

Scenic View

·
Registered
79 Posts
Gooood look'n! I might be a little biased towards the Steel Blue though. The two steeds look great in your coral!

-mike

·
Registered
109 Posts
you might of read my thread about not sure to buy a commander over here in the UK, I am, and your pics just confirmed my decision, took a Discovery out yesterday, nice but just not got that jeep thing. I will say the annoying thing is, over here, there is no mention of a 2007 model on the horizon, they certainly seemed to have beefed it up with the camera and power tail gate, could the camera be retro fitted I wonder? JC looks great, get a shot of the internal dash with the camera on just to rub it in!!

·
Registered
437 Posts
I like your Cherokee. We have a 99 and I have bought some Moab takeoffs and a 2" OME lift. Going to install this weekend. How do you like your setup? Did you use wheel spacers?

That lift makes it about as tall as the Commander. I think the XJ and XK make a nice couple.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
walkjon said:
I like your Cherokee. We have a 99 and I have bought some Moab takeoffs and a 2" OME lift. Going to install this weekend. How do you like your setup? Did you use wheel spacers?

That lift makes it about as tall as the Commander. I think the XJ and XK make a nice couple.
On the Cherokee, with the size tire / lift there was no need for wheel spacers. The Moab wheels offer just the right backspacing. I kept with the factory (245) tire width to avoid any problems with rubbing when turning the steering wheel to full lock. The thing to know is that the OME lift will squeak like crazy on turns for about the first month. This is just the bushings breaking in. Afterwards it will run quieter and smoother than stock.

On the Commander, the tire size was a minimal increase (1" diameter) and the tires fit with no problem. They clear the steering knuckle fine (my guess, because once again I stuck with the 245 width instead of going to 265).

Also, the first thing I did when I got home was remove the silly air dam.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
RUT ROW said:
Hmmm, maybe I'll try that.
It only took about two minutes. There were three white plastic fasteners that you can turn by hand and then pull out. Then you can pull the air dam out starting on one side and moving to the other.

I am guessing it was about the same on the 2006 models.

The owners manual actually says to remove the air dam before off-roading and even on-road I don't think it would make a noticable difference in noise or fuel economy.

As you can see from the photos in my previous post to this thread, it gives a little bit more clearance in the front and a little bit more aggressive look.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Also... I saw one other 2007 Commander on my weekend vacation. It was a very nice Red Rock Crystal "Sport" (as the base model is now called) in Sedona.

·
Banned
1,397 Posts
Did they start putting Wrangler Silent Armors in place of Fortera Silent armors, or did you swap them out?

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I swapped them out. They offer an extra half-inch of ground clearance, reinforced sidewall, much better off-road and snow traction, better dry and wet traction, and a more aggressive tread design.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
I saw one other 2007 Commander on my weekend vacation

What sets a 2007 apart from a 2006 JC?

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Also as the 2007's are JUST showing up at the dealerships most are still running temporary tags.

·
Registered
11 Posts
it looks like your center console armrest is covered w/ leather... is that new for 2007 or an option?? my '06 limited doesn't have that, but i'd like to find one.

thanks

1 - 20 of 28 Posts