Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after Many years looking and trying to find what I wanted, I found IT

Im a New to me Owner:
2006 Limited 5.7 HEMI w/ QII, 3rd row seat and In the words of Ron White... "Looooooaaaaddddddeeeeeddddd"

Plans: standard Pinch weld fix, front and rear wheel well liner molding..
I have done the research and If I am understanding right I can stack a Rusty's 2" Lift & a 1/4 " level and along with a set of spacers wrap a set of 265 on my stock wheels... am I missing anything?? if that's right could I stack the Rusty's 1.5" Level on top of the 2" and still be stable? and if so How Big can I go on the Rubber.... I am Trying to Make the Summer Moab Trip... any and all info is appreciated. TY and Ill be loading my Lifetime shortly... are the Decals still aval? :)

Attachments

·
Registered
243 Posts
I have done the research and If I am understanding right I can stack a Rusty's 2" Lift & a 1/4 " level and along with a set of spacers wrap a set of 265 on my stock wheels... am I missing anything?? if that's right could I stack the Rusty's 1.5" Level on top of the 2" and still be stable? :)

Welcome!

You are correct about the first part, in being able to stack the 1/4" spacer with the rustys 2" lift. It seemss as if the other "spacers" you refer to are the wheel spacers which can be 1.25" or 1.5" and bolt on to the hub and rim.

As far as the second sentence about what we refer to as "double stacking" lifts, you definitely should not stack a 1.5" lift on top of the 2", as it will put your steering rack and CV's at bad angles, leading to quick premature wear.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems as if you may have mistaken the wheel spacers for strut spacers, which give lift. Where as the wheel spacers allow you to run larger tires by increasing the distance between the tire and upper control arm. So you could indeed run a 2" lift with 1/4" spacer and 1.25"-1.5" wheel spacers, as you stated before. With this setup you should have no problem fitting 265's with the pinch weld mod, although a few members have fit 285's and 34's recently with the OME spring lift and a bit of extra trimming.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Being a 2006 (with Hemi), i'd recommend replacing the struts/springs up front regardless. Especially if you want to go to MOAB.

Bilstein 5100 struts on their lowest setting + OME HD springs should do you good.

For the rear you have quite a few options for springs/shocks... from mild to wild. If you want to do some serious offroading you'll want a similar build as mine, with rear shocks ~28" extended, superlift or JBA 4" springs, extended bump stops, extended brake line brackets and trim the fuel tank skid.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok... then here is my wants.. This is my Daily Driver so I would like decent road manors for a Jeep...yes i know its a jeep ... all i want to be able to do is go light maybe some mid level stuff... but I'm on a small budget since I'm military. the jeep has 120k on it so it might need springs and or shox so.. I want her level and able But nice enough to take the wife out to dinner. so please direct me.. i like the way a49erfan's looked in the tires and lift sticky.. i have always wanted a jeep.. pls help me with ideas and plans. the wife will make cookies for yall if yall do :icon_confused:

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Mines a daily driver too... and i have 3 kids (the oldest is 4 years old as of last month).... and my wife would prefer driving the Commander over her Accord any day of the week.

My wife likes making cookies too. lol lets trade recipes!

The XK is very "family friendly" and offroad capable at the same time.

OME HD (or MD) springs with 5100 struts up front, Some leftover superlift 4" springs or JBA 4" springs in the rear plus some Rancho 9000XL adjustable rear shocks is a solid setup. You can fine tune the ride of the rear shocks for smoother road manners to your liking. Should probably look into a Rustys adjustable rear track bar as well (~$130) to re-center the axle.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I know someone selling a brand new set of superlift 4" rear coils and shocks if your interested man!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts