Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought some the Firestone Destination A/T for my XK, and was wondering if anyone else has had these. If you have how did you like them. I have yet to take them off road and can't wait to do so. Just no place to go near Cincinnati that is leagal. When I figure out how I will post pics.
EOD

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Fohn Jargo has them, he likes them a lot.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Yes I do. They are great off road and with the snow and ice we get here in Arkansas and the inability of the state to clear the roads properly I have zero complaints. They are quiet and they have excellent tread wear with no cupping or uneven patterns. In fact I am comfortable driving 45mph in three to four inches of the white stuff.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have them 265/70/17 with 1.5 inch spacers and 2.25 inch lift..
I love them off-road, but on-road they are really loud i never felt too comfortable driving fast with them on.

I easily put 20k and they still have decent tread left.
The rear tires have some weird tread wear but over all i am greatly satisfied with this tire..

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I have them 265/70/17 with 1.5 inch spacers and 2.25 inch lift..
I love them off-road, but on-road they are really loud i never felt too comfortable driving fast with them on.

I easily put 20k and they still have decent tread left.
The rear tires have some weird tread wear but over all i am greatly satisfied with this tire..
I think he was asking about the Firestone Destination AT's, not the MT's.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I got them too but haven't had a chance to try them off road, but I read great reviews about them that's what convenced me they seem great.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am glad i got some good feed back. My wife has never had a Jeep before and had no clue that tires would cost that much. she has always driven a taurus and got the Wally World special. She just about had a heart attack when I showed her the bill. Thanks for all the replies. She is much more comfortable with them.
EOD out!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, i have to say that i am extremly happy with this tire. we just got our first major snow fall in cincinnati, and i have no complaints. even when i tried to slide, i couldn't. they just stick to the road. i hope that these tires are still in production in a couple of years after i get the xk paid off so i can put bigger tires and a lift on.
EOD OUT!!

·
Registered
248 Posts
I'm hopefully getting the Destination ATs sometime this month since Firestone is running a buy 3 get 1 free deal until the end of the month. It was like $630 TOTAL after everything was said and done. That'll be one of the cheapest new tires/installs I've ever had on any of my newer cars.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm hopefully getting the Destination ATs sometime this month since Firestone is running a buy 3 get 1 free deal until the end of the month. It was like $630 TOTAL after everything was said and done. That'll be one of the cheapest new tires/installs I've ever had on any of my newer cars.
I got the same deal last month at a Firestone Company Store. I got the price online from Tires Plus and Firestone will match that. I think Tires Plus is also owned by Firestone. I put on the 245-70R 17's. No real change to me in road noise. I've been off road a little while hunting and I've got no complaints.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I think he was asking about the Firestone Destination AT's, not the MT's.
Oh I am a Rah-Tard... Im thinking about buying the set of AT's though..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts