Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a sweet at of Firestone destination a/t 25575R17 on JK wheels for 250$ with less than 5k miles on them. I would love them on my commander which has a 2.5 inch lift in the front and 2 inch in the rear with skyjacker shocks. My question is if anyone is running a similar setup and if so what size spacers are you using? Thanks in advance

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Just.25 is all I'll need?

The only real issue that you will run into is the brake caliper will contact those wheels in the front. A .25" spacer is enough to alleviate that. You can choose to go with larger spacers if you like, and many do, but larger is not necessary. Too large of a spacer (1.5" maybe) may lead to rubbing on the pinchweld, which of course can be addressed.

You could choose to grind down the caliper a touch to run no spacers if you prefer that.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok one more question..... The JK wheels that the tires came with have a cheap spray on them that is cracking and chipping off. I power washed as much as I could off, the rest is on there pretty good. I was originally going to plastidip them but I had an idea to use bed liner instead. Will the plastidip hold up over the chipped paint or should I use the textured bed liner? I want it to look as smooth as possible. Thanks again

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Ok one more question..... The JK wheels that the tires came with have a cheap spray on them that is cracking and chipping off. I power washed as much as I could off, the rest is on there pretty good. I was originally going to plastidip them but I had an idea to use bed liner instead. Will the plastidip hold up over the chipped paint or should I use the textured bed liner? I want it to look as smooth as possible. Thanks again

Well plastidip kind of self levels. That should be ok if you do enough light coats.

For bedliner or paint I'd be sure to scuff it first. Makes sure all the paint thats loose gets knocked off.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I think I'll stick to the plastidip. I did my grill 6 months ago and it looks just as good today as it did the day I did it. Hopefully the weather here in Philly holds up this weekend so I can get it all done and post some pics

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Thank you so much, I just ordered a set of .25 spacers for all four corners and hopefully by the weekend the tires will be installed.

Food for thought:

I'd swear that I have heard that the rear studs are not quite as long as the fronts and the .25" spacers in the rear are not recommended for this reason.
Threadlocker might not be a bad idea?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts