Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does any one on here run these tires?...

i noticed them on a couple rigs when i was out camping this weekend and the looked very versitile...also the guys running them had ford super duties so they are a heavier truck...both guys said they had exceptional road wear and did awesome in the mud....

if any one has these please post pics and coments on your opinions with these tires.. i am considering these or the Toyo open country m/ts i the sizes 265/70 r17 or 255/75 r17 once i get my lift

if you have experience with either the toyo's or the firestones let me know and please post pics...

i wanna sort out which would be the better bang for my buck

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
does any one on here run these tires?...

i noticed them on a couple rigs when i was out camping this weekend and the looked very versitile...also the guys running them had ford super duties so they are a heavier truck...both guys said they had exceptional road wear and did awesome in the mud....

if any one has these please post pics and coments on your opinions with these tires.. i am considering these or the Toyo open country m/ts i the sizes 265/70 r17 or 255/75 r17 once i get my lift

if you have experience with either the toyo's or the firestones let me know and please post pics...

i wanna sort out which would be the better bang for my buck

I haven't run either of them but know people that have. Hands down id go with the Toyo Open Country M/T's as long as money isnt an issue for you. They are one of the most expensive tire on the market. Only thing bad about them is that they are extremely heavy but if you have a V8 you shouldnt have a problem running that size. If I recall correctly there is only one member on the forum with the Toyo's.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I was looking at the Firestone Destination M/T's becuase they get great reviews anywhere you look.
thats exactly why i was interested in them...they are priced right and the reveiws on them are awesome
The reviews on the Toyo's are great too. Plus they can take more off road abuse then the Destinations.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'm running the Destinations. I love them. I've run them in snow, sand, and rock... as well as on the road. They do sing a little more than my wife's Wrangler M/Ts.

Check my album:
http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/album.php?albumid=18

Side note, I just removed my spacers. Tires are a little quieter now they are tucked under.

-Rob

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
this is true and i agree with you 100% that the toyo is the superior tire by far....unfortunately they are $275 per tire up here

It sounds like you had already ruled out the Toyo's due to the price. So why did you want us to give you input on the two tires if you had no intentions of making the purchase due to how expensive they were?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I ran a set of 31" Destination M/T's on my XJ and they were a great tire. Both are 3 ply casings so you'll get the same probability of a puncture if you plan to air down at all. Ultimately your research and your criteria are going to make the decision. As far as price goes I will second that the Destinations are worth the money.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The reviews on the Toyo's are great too. Plus they can take more off road abuse then the Destinations.
i found the price out after i posted this thread sorry....i wanted info so that i could base my findings off of usable info not price

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
i found the price out after i posted this thread sorry....i wanted info so that i could base my findings off of usable info not price

Makes sense.

Sorry for being an a$$. Must have had a bad day when I posted that.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Destination M/t Best bang for the buck.Suggestion, rotate often 3-4k -cross fronts to rears,rear straight up . You should see at least 30-40k if maintain them.Toyo's about the same milelage if maintain. The only problem i have with the Toyo's is they run heavy when balancing them-meaning more weight. If you have the Chrome clad wheels make sure they balance them with (five finger anchon) or proper sized cone. I have Destinations on my Ford and still look new after 3yrs because i maintain them every 3-4k.Have your alignment checked often to prevent premature edge wear.Ford And Chrysler trucks and suv's tend to have accelerated edge wear compared to some other makes.

·
Registered
118 Posts
FIRESTONE M/Ts All Day, I have put close to 30 k on them and they run, I do about 20% off road and 78% on road and then 2% mud and water...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Rob, are you having any rubbing issues with your setup now that you removed your spacers, why are you adding new ones

·
Registered
118 Posts

Pictures!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts