Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all went for a trip to port hedland about 5 hours away from home with nothing in between except a roadhouse the jc performed great but i did hit one roo luckily it wasnt to big and I recieved no damage.
then just as I was south of port hedland a road train came by and sent a rock the size of a tennis ball into my windscreen on the right hand side leaving a big star and a crack circling it, bugger.
got into port hedland and the windscreen guy wasnt there so i had to travel south to karratha about 2hours south.
got into there too late to see him so stayed overnight.
Saw the windscreen guy the next morning and he said you need a new windscreen but we dont have anything for that.
so it was off home across the rail access road four hours of dirt road on my wrangler soft highway tyres but to my surprise they made it not one puncture or blow out, and the jc it handles like a dream on the rough rocky dirt roads. it was pretty dirty by the time I got home but I can tell you it handles fantastic and the fuel economy was exellent, I have the jc diesel was getting 650 km to a tank.

I have written to cooper tyres to see if they are going to make a sure track tyre for the commander as im sure this is what i need for our rocky roads here.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
by the way just in case you were wondering i dont like hitting roos but they move so fast you just cant help it and yes i always stop to make sure the roo is dead and there are no joeys(baby roos) in the animals pouch.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
up here we are in semi arid desert and we have a lot of roos especially in the evening and early morning you cant do much when they hop in front of you except go straight a guy was killed here a few days ago as he swerved to miss a roo and rolled over.
they are very quick with no road sense plus the lights blind and disorient them so i usually dip my lights and try to brake in time if noone is behind me.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Here in Virginia we/I use deer whistles. They cost about 5 usd for a pair. Lot of people say they don't work, they have worked for me for the past 10-12 years, because I haven't had a deer run in front of me yet! I have run up on them doing about 55-60, the deer freeze and fortunatly wait till I'm by them to run. Could be luck, but hey, It' s a 5 dollor insurance policy. Do you all havea anything like them in the UK?

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I just found out my friend has an electronic set. Only found this out because I saw something dragging on the ground when he pulled into his driveway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts