Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, New member here, went to my Jeep dealer in London on Saturday and they unexpectantly had a Commander turn up on Friday Night.

It was put in the shrowroom 10 minutes before i got there and the car isnt even meant to be in the UK until late next month, we dont even have an actual launch date.

Anyway, i had to have it. I bought it there and then, after some hard negotiations, and will get it on Wednesday or Thursday once i have it registered etc.

It's Black with light Grey leather, Sat Nav, Rear DVD's, Tinted glass, and as icing on the cake i am having a set of 20" Startechs fitted before collection!!

The model is the 3.0 D Limited, do you get that in the US??

Need to get hold of a billit grill, some chrome mirror casings, and a chrome filler cap now, any ideas??

Also, make me mad, how much would my car be in the US?

·
Registered
142 Posts
No way to tell exactly what your car would cost in the US because of the diesel engine that is not available here as of yet.

However, a guess would be around $44,000 MSRP with the 5.9 Hemi engine. I would think the package here would be about the same IF a diesel engine option were available.

So, what is the list price of your rig in the UK? I assume with the VAT tax, it would be at least 10% more.

I don't know if the Jeep is manufactured in several locations or just one. My Limited was assembled in Canada.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Congratulations! I am sure you'll enjoy your Commander immensely. I am in London a lot. Did you buy your Commander from the Jeep dealer in St.John's Wood in London (across from the Lord's Cricket Ground)?

I wish we could get the Diesel version here! Come to that, I wish we could get good hand-pulled English Ale here! Oh well...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The car cost just under £37,000 GBP, dont know exactly what that is in Dollars though.

Over here it compares well to the Landrover Discovery (LR3). One of those here is about £44,000 GBP for a top spec diesel with the same extras as my Commander.

Will post some pictures when i collect it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wish we could get the US prices here!! I'll swap you some traditional beer for the bigger discounts!! :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
At today's exchange rates GBP 37,000 is USD 64,484!! You can buy a fully loaded Commander Limited with the 5.7L Hemi and a Liberty (Cherokee in the UK) with the 3.7L six, and have some money left over to buy pints for everyone at the pub! But look at it this way: You will be the envy of the town, as there will be very few Commanders around ;)

·
Registered
274 Posts
Congrats UK Commander 1:cool: You are going to have a blast driving your new Jeep and also watching the rubber-neckers throw their necks out to catch a glimps of you going by.:D Whoooa!! It sounds like you paid twice what I paid for my XK, but it's a sweet ride. How much is a litre of Diesel over there? Are you going to hit the trails???

Later,
Mango

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, looking forward to getting it and being the first, the cost isnt the end of the world as we dont know any different here!!

Word is that the Commander is going to be big with the Footballers (Soccer!!) etc here, it's going to be the 'must have' of 2006. Is it popular in the US?

A litre of diesel here is about 0.97, roughly the same a petrol. The benifits of having the diesel are the improved range per tank of fuel and the improved re-sale value.

Wont be hitting the trails im afraid, a) because we dont really have any, and b) because i wont want to get it dirty!!

·
Registered
142 Posts
For all the USA Jeepers, you can find out a little more about the diesel option that appears to be coming to the US sometime in the future at the following website...

http://www.jeep.co.uk/jeep/index.aspx

According to this website, the diesel fuel mileage rating is...

26.2 MPG Combined
30.7 MPG Extra Urban (I think this is their highway rating)
20.9 MPG Urban (City rating?)

Tow rated to 7400 pounds.

0-62 MPH 9.0 seconds.

The MPG ratings MIGHT be a little on the high side. If you go to the website above and take a look at the MPG ratings on the Hemi, they certainly are higher than our EPA rating which might make the diesel rating a little on the high side also? I'm currently getting around 16 MPG with my 4.7 L V-8. It will be interesting to see what the price of the diesel option is when we get that option in the US.

To UK Commander 1, according the pictures on the UK Jeep website, it appears that the Commander will have left-hand drive. However, sitting higher than in a normal car, you should be able to see over most of the cars ahead. If the vehicle does have left-hand drive, does that bother you any?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Damn! They get rear cargo cover and front park assist in addition to the rear!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The car is RHD, that makes its early arrival even more amazing!!

Will keep you posted on the MPG once i get it but over here i think the Hemi will be a VERY rare sight!!

PDC and a rear cover are nice, but at $64,000 shouldnt they be gold plated!:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.