·
Banned
1,406 Posts
Yahoo - Lake Effect Snow until Tuesday AM. :eek:rangehat:

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pics of the trail rig, on charge and block heater warming it up for fun!

The tractor ready to plow!

We only wound up with about 3" on the grass and nothing on the roads. Still a good start to winter!

·
Registered
696 Posts
This was our first snow, two weeks ago now I think. It was not sticking at first but by morning... Snowed friday saturday and sunday. pics from just the first night

Attachments

·
Registered
362 Posts
As well equipped I am --- both in driving ability and with a decked out XK, I dread driving in snow. The idots around me have poor driving skills and take up all available lanes. There should be an XK- Only Lane :) .

On a lighter note, spring is only 4-1/2 months away...

·
Registered
139 Posts
I purchased our XK this past March and had not had a chance to drive in snow with it yet. This past weekend we had about 10 inches accumulate. The XK has the original Fortera tires (40,000+-) and they need replaced. Even with less than ideal tread, I was grinning from ear-to-ear at how well the Commander handled this snow event.

I drove in some parking lots that had not been plowed just to see how well I could manage from a dead stop, accelerating, cornering, etc. The only downside is that doughnuts are nearly impossible. My kids usually get a kick out of me goofing in the snow with our vehicles. The XK severely limits the amount of goofing I can do.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
I purchased our XK this past March and had not had a chance to drive in snow with it yet. This past weekend we had about 10 inches accumulate. The XK has the original Fortera tires (40,000+-) and they need replaced. Even with less than ideal tread, I was grinning from ear-to-ear at how well the Commander handled this snow event.

I drove in some parking lots that had not been plowed just to see how well I could manage from a dead stop, accelerating, cornering, etc. The only downside is that doughnuts are nearly impossible. My kids usually get a kick out of me goofing in the snow with our vehicles. The XK severely limits the amount of goofing I can do.
Turn the traction control off and do doughnuts til your hearts content.

·
Registered
954 Posts
I was happy to see how much snow was on the groud in Chicago on Saturday morning but it still wasn't anything that would present a challenge to a vehicle that was not a 4x4. We're supposed to have a "El Niña" winter this year which will bring more than average amount of snow and colder than usual temperatures so I'm looking forward to that. I now will not need to shovel the huge mounds of snow created by drifts in the alley right behind my garage, I could just plow right through it. :)

·
Registered
954 Posts
Just don't hit a bump doing doughnuts, you'll flip your Commander over like one member here on this forum.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts